Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: price increase opinions

Trolly must have been sleep typing this morning!

TD

second time in as many days thought i went through a time warp the past is over onward and upward to infinity and beyond the guys i took last weekend thought that the seventy bucks they paid was a lot till I told them the boat i rented for us was $150.00 bucks then so my total for was $249.00i told them that the money we all spent is what i spend all the time for day and ahalf trips etc thats why i get fish it costs money thats all thier is to it pay for fuel to find them or pay to have them put in the lake

They should have a bass pass for us bass fisherman. Or at least a launch pass for our boats.

The launch fee is our penance for not renting one of their boats. I don't see how my 4 stroke outboard and new trailer could possibly cause $10 worth of impact to the facilities at any lake. It's just another opportunity for them to make some $$$, kinda like having to pay to park at a theme park or a sporting event. I don't see the launch fee ever going away. And a "launch fee" for tubes? Please. If anything, they should be happy it's less people leaving trash on the shore (not everybody on shore litters, but we all know it only takes a few to ruin it for the rest of us responsible anglers).
    The public lakes aren't much better. They sell an annual pass, but still hit you for a "fishing fee" or "vehicle fee" upon each visit.
    In the end, Irvine Lake is a for profit enterprise, and can charge us for whatever they want. And I'm very happy that they exist, so we all have the opportunity to fish close to home.

I fish Irvine Lake 2-3 times/year (usually tubing). I typically fish there only out of convenience, although I've yet to be skunked. A typical day for me is 3-4 trout. Several weeks ago, I caught two nice trout approx. 2# each in a morning of fishing. The staff is always courteous, and the food is good too! $22, $24, or $30...doesn't really matter. I understand that as a "for profit" business, their charter is to make money. Our job is to catch their fish!

If time permits, however, I go to Big Bear. From my house, it is 96 miles to the dam. At 30 mpg, a 7 gallon R/T costs me approx. $20 at today's gas prices. A year ago, it cost me $30. The point is that for the same price as a day at Irvine Lake, I can drive to Big Bear and enjoy the fresh mountain air while catching full-tailed, hard fighting, pink meat trout that average 2#+.

The cost to fish is relative. You can spend your money on gas, or you can spend your money as an entrance fee. There are benefits to both.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool227 View Post
    I fish Irvine Lake 2-3 times/year (usually tubing). I typically fish there only out of convenience, although I've yet to be skunked. A typical day for me is 3-4 trout. Several weeks ago, I caught two nice trout approx. 2# each in a morning of fishing. The staff is always courteous, and the food is good too! $22, $24, or $30...doesn't really matter. I understand that as a "for profit" business, their charter is to make money. Our job is to catch their fish!

If time permits, however, I go to Big Bear. From my house, it is 96 miles to the dam. At 30 mpg, a 7 gallon R/T costs me approx. $20 at today's gas prices. A year ago, it cost me $30. The point is that for the same price as a day at Irvine Lake, I can drive to Big Bear and enjoy the fresh mountain air while catching full-tailed, hard fighting, pink meat trout that average 2#+.

The cost to fish is relative. You can spend your money on gas, or you can spend your money as an entrance fee. There are benefits to both.
    Well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    A 2012 post dragged out of nowhere! WTF lol
    To funny. Happy New Year 2015 three years later...hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mrfishcado View Post
    They should have a bass pass for us bass fisherman. Or at least a launch pass for our boats.
    This would be nice, however impossible to police. Everyone would eventually enter and buy a bass pass. Unless they higher tons more patrols, there's no way to keep everyone honest.

[QUOTE=goodguy;753126]This would be nice, however impossible to police. Everyone would eventually enter and buy a bass pass. Unless they higher tons more patrols, there's no way to keep everyone honest.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    To funny. Happy New Year 2015 three years later...hahahaha
    Trolly woke up from one of his looong naps and found the thread still open on his computer...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast