Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: price increase opinions

would like to see some improvement to the infrastructure of the place maybe.. No light at the fillet board all summer...

Heck I went to San Diego last Wednesday and spent $525.00 for an over night trip, one person. Caught one small yellowtail and no skunk (I had a good trip except for the rough water I did have was fun) . $2.00 more to fish in your backyard don't sound too bad to me. If I would have put 5 fisherman on the San Diego boat it would be at least $2125.00 min. The vine is good deal.
    tl
    jg / Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    Heck I went to San Diego last Wednesday and spent $525.00 for an over night trip, one person. Caught one small yellowtail and no skunk (I had a good trip except for the rough water I did have was fun) . $2.00 more to fish in your backyard don't sound too bad to me. If I would have put 5 fisherman on the San Diego boat it would be at least $2125.00 min. The vine is good deal.
    tl
    jg / Bill
    The vine is a great deal thats why it should be $30.00 to $35.00 your right and then we can afford some bigger fish. Are you sure your comparing apples to apples. I didn't think so.
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 09-25-2012 at 09:24 PM.

The good folks at Irvine Lake are business people first and foremost. Their job, just like all other business people, is to make money for their investors. Regardless of how you feel about business, that is their obligation. When the cost of delivering a product goes up and threatens to reduce (or eliminate) profit, then the cost of the product goes up to compensate. Those who can afford to will pay, those who can't or refuse to, won't.
    The $2 increase doesn't bother me. It's just one of those things and besides, if we believe what we're told, it goes to pay for fish. If I get the idea that the lake is gouging me I won't fish there any more. That actually happened not only with me, but with a lot of people during the previous concessionaire's reign at Irvine Lake.
    As for what price would make me think twice about fishing at Irvine Lake? $40 to get in is knocking on that door pretty hard, and I would tend to expect to catch fish (and nice ones) at that price.
    Last edited by Marley; 09-25-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Are you compairing apples with apples? OK maybe not but if I go to the theater and it is $6.00 to get in and $25.00 for a popcorn I have to make a choice, pay the money or no popcorn. The Vine is in business to earn money if the $2 bucks makes you unhappy don't go there. The Salton Sea is not far from Palm Springs and it is free. Tight lines and good fishing.
    jg
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    The vine is a great deal thats why it should be $30.00 to $35.00 your right and then we can afford some bigger fish. Are you sure your comparing apples to apples. I didn't think so.
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 09-25-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Bring some cash Bud your gonna need it them catfish will eat you out of house and home 5 people that is only $110.00 plus bait, food, drink and misc gas launch fee, and maybe boat rantal $200.00 plus

It cost me about $150.00 to fish each time. This is not even for a tourney day add another $20.00 plus camping. I may have to slow down a bit myself.
    what the heck, I hope i catch a good amount of fish then. I just went on a vacation to lake Powell where the amount of fish caught, Didn't exactly make the amount of money spent worth the trip. After i heard fishing report after report on how many stripers are in the lake and how there being caught easy out there just to get skunked. So basically i heard that Irvine was on fire, and now i want to fish it just so I can say i caught fish this year. And to make up for the less than successful trip to Utah. But $150 per trip wow! Im bringing a boat, and planned to get some bait from there, but most of it i'll get before hand. we'll see how this goes, Im praying that we make out like bandits on this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    The good folks at Irvine Lake are business people first and foremost. Their job, just like all other business people, is to make money for their investors. Regardless of how you feel about business, that is their obligation. When the cost of delivering a product goes up and threatens to reduce (or eliminate) profit, then the cost of the product goes up to compensate. Those who can afford to will pay, those who can't or refuse to, won't.
    The $2 increase doesn't bother me. It's just one of those things and besides, if we believe what we're told, it goes to pay for fish. If I get the idea that the lake is gouging me I won't fish there any more. That actually happened not only with me, but with a lot of people during the previous concessionaire's reign at Irvine Lake.
    As for what price would make me think twice about fishing at Irvine Lake? $40 to get in is knocking on that door pretty hard, and I would tend to expect to catch fish (and nice ones) at that price.
    I agree with what your saying. And though I never fished there before(so take my comment for what it is worth) but if i don't catch fish my first trip out, then that may be my first and last time out. Don't get me wrong, Im not one of those guys who blames the lake for why I dont catch fish. And I understand well that you have to normally fish a lake multiple X's before you establish a pattern and catch fish consistently, and ultimately learn the lake. Thing is though, I live 2hrs away from the lake. Mix gas, bait, entrance fee, and price to launch( when i actually have a boat with me) or the price to rent a boat. And now Im looking at spending an amount of money, that i cant afford to spend regularly. My point here is I don't have the money to "learn the lake" so if I have little to no success here, lake irvine is going to be rarely getting my money, if any of it at all. What i mean by little success is catching like 3-6 cats under the 3lb range. I gonna have like 4 guys with me plus myself, so i am at least looking to get 2 or more fish per person.

Mabe you you should look to Lake Silverwood. $10.00 launch & $10.00 (total $20.00) to get in the gate no matter how many folks are in your car! Lots of stripers and catfish nice place to go so give it a try. Trout this winter if they stock them.
    tl
    jg

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    I agree with what your saying. And though I never fished there before(so take my comment for what it is worth) but if i don't catch fish my first trip out, then that may be my first and last time out. Don't get me wrong, Im not one of those guys who blames the lake for why I dont catch fish. And I understand well that you have to normally fish a lake multiple X's before you establish a pattern and catch fish consistently, and ultimately learn the lake. Thing is though, I live 2hrs away from the lake. Mix gas, bait, entrance fee, and price to launch( when i actually have a boat with me) or the price to rent a boat. And now Im looking at spending an amount of money, that i cant afford to spend regularly. My point here is I don't have the money to "learn the lake" so if I have little to no success here, lake irvine is going to be rarely getting my money, if any of it at all. What i mean by little success is catching like 3-6 cats under the 3lb range. I gonna have like 4 guys with me plus myself, so i am at least looking to get 2 or more fish per person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    Mabe you you should look to Lake Silverwood. $10.00 launch & $10.00 (total $20.00) to get in the gate no matter how many folks are in your car! Lots of stripers and catfish nice place to go so give it a try. Trout this winter if they stock them.
    tl
    jg
    I have fished silverwood, but only for stripers. plus i don't hear of people having success like they do at irvine. In fact i haven't heard of anyone catching a limit there in quite a few years. Limits on stripers or catfish anyway. Plus i don't fish trout more than once or twice a year, and i got a lake I fish for them.

I don't fish the stocked fish. I only fish bass. Those are all CR. Should bass fisherman pay less? It would be nice or some kind of tierred system. I rent a boat from them up to 15 times a year so they get a lot of my business. Maybe an entry fee discount for boat rental???

I'm in OC, the proximity is nice to great bass fishing. It's almost a wash to drive to DVL, Perris, or Silverwood (low entry fee) because of gas prices.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 09-26-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast