Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: price increase opinions

Default price increase opinions

Hey guys I'm not sure if you heard about the price increase come soon from 22 to 24 bucks. But I would line to hear your opinions on the matter. Mine is I go to this alot like every week I'm by no means well off but I enjoy fishing here cuz I catch fish. But the raise in admition has me shaking my head. What do you think?

I think that as long as they continue to stock quality fish and fishing continues to be great like it has these past season's it shouldn't be a problem a 2 dollar increase seems reasonable . Now if they decide to raise the price more than that ,then things will be different . I also believe if they continue to offer free float tube launch. It will keep business up as many of us enjoy float tubing irvine during Trout season.

So when does this go into effect? It's still a deal for me. It's the fuel for truck opposed to admission deal. I would like a boat launch on the list of things you can get with your points..

As someone who fishes the Vine often, especially during trout season. I will not be detered by a $2.00 price increase. This is my favorite local lake for many reasons and I still feel that it is a good deal. The lake stocks tons of fish every week, the staff is extremely friendly & helpful, the kayak & float tube launch is free, and the scenery is nice. No one likes a price increase and I'm sure they would rather not do it if they didn't have to. Don't forget about the many tournaments they put on for us throughout the year. These definatley take alot of hours and labor to put together for us. So for me, the Vine is still my go to lake. 2$ won't change that for me.Just my

so when you pay to get into the lake, do you pay per person. I'm gonna have like 5 people going with me next week.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    so when you pay to get into the lake, do you pay per person. I'm gonna have like 5 people going with me next week.
    Yes, it is a per person fee.

Well, everything's getting more expensive, what can we do about it? This increase will still be a buck less than SARL's increase. What's 2 bucks when you're already coming up the toll road (some of us anyway). Nobody likes paying more for anything, but if that's what it takes to keep the place open, so be it. It'd be nice if that 2 bucks was going to some trout bigger than 11 inches, but that's up to Calaveras ;)

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Bring some cash Bud your gonna need it them catfish will eat you out of house and home 5 people that is only $110.00 plus bait, food, drink and misc gas launch fee, and maybe boat rantal $200.00 plus

It cost me about $150.00 to fish each time. This is not even for a tourney day add another $20.00 plus camping. I may have to slow down a bit myself.
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 09-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I think they should charge the tubers and yakers a launch fee to make up there extra revenue and leave the price where it is at. They will pay it or fish shore and that is not going to happen. After all a launch fee is a launch fee and usually if you are in a boat you bring 2 or 3 people with you so that is increased revenue. Question if this increase isn't that bad what is and what would deter you, maybe $30.00 or $35.00 or maybe $40.00 and then they can stock some bigger fish and tell calavares to keep those little fish until they grow up. I wouldn't mind paying more for quality fish but not happy with the little guy's and probably won't fish much this year if that is the case. This will push more people to other lakes. Say for some pink meat. I love those hard fighting pink meat fish. I do agree that the lake has to make money or they just won't do this. The lake raises there price because the fish cost more from the hatchery so we pay more to fish so the hatchery raises there price because we don't mind paying more, so the lake has to pay more from the hatchery. I am getting dizzy how about you

BD

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I think they should charge the tubers and yakers a launch fee to make up there extra revenue and leave the price where it is at. They will pay it or fish shore and that is not going to happen. After all a launch fee is a launch fee and usually if you are in a boat you bring 2 or 3 people with you so that is increased revenue. Question if this increase isn't that bad what is and what would deter you, maybe $30.00 or $35.00 or maybe $40.00 and then they can stock some bigger fish and tell calavares to keep those little fish until they grow up. I wouldn't mind paying more for quality fish but not happy with the little guy's and probably won't fish much this year if that is the case. This will push more people to other lakes. Say for some pink meat. I love those hard fighting pink meat fish. I do agree that the lake has to make money or they just won't do this. The lake raises there price because the fish cost more from the hatchery so we pay more to fish so the hatchery raises there price because we don't mind paying more, so the lake has to pay more from the hatchery. I am getting dizzy how about you

BD
    That's what I was thinking but couldn't put it into words. Don't get me wrong lake staff is A+++ but that doesn't mean I can pay more. Hands down if I fish it will be @ the vine but it will end up being less because of the 2 buck increase. And I never fish alone. Help out the boaters who bring more fishermen to your lake! Tubers or yakers don't bring more people boaters do!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast