Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake San Antonio S.W.A.T. Assault Vessel Road Trip with the Bros. 9/23 – 9/24/12

Another great outing guys.
    Its too bad the striped targets decided not to bite, but you cant go wrong with catching some fish man.
    Whats up with Binh, falling asleep all the time? lol get to work bro!
    I'll catch ya guys at HG! :D

Smile Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys came up short on the linesiders, but sounds like you had a great time out with the boyz! Not to mention some fun pulling on the kitties and one heck of a nice smallie! Nice going out there...and damn you with those food shots!

talk to you soon...
    Don
    The Linesides eluded us this time Don, but we'll get them... it's just a matter of time.
    HG4 is coming up fast, see ya there buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Ain't that lake a trip?

Freezing at night and mega hot within 12hrs

Catfish saved the day! Thanks for the report
    Yeah, that place can go from one extreme to another... Best to always be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,

When I got your text Saturday night and you informed me that you guys went on a Northern road trip and were out night fishing for the kitties I just had to interrupt my Buddy Trolly's intent focus and concentration trying to get some kittys of his own........

Me: Hey Trolly, wake up your not going to believe this!

Trolly: What?

Me: Arthur, Binh, Sokha and John are at San Antonio night fishing for whiskerfish!

Trolly: No way! That's awesome! I knew he was hooked after last week, I knew it!

I've got to say that text made the evening for Team Trolltoon! We couldn't have been happier!

I had so much fun reading this post My friend and the pictures made my day! It looks to me like you all had a great time and I wish Trolly and I could have followed you guys up there. The pictures of the guys so focused in stealth mode made me feel pretty good that Trolly and I taught you well last Saturday night in the fine art of sneeking up on the catfish........absolutely awesome!

But most of all, I feel pretty good that you now understand the Team trolltoon SWAT logo at certain times will actually mean.......... "So, Whiskerfish are Tasty"

Great job guys! and I'm heading out right now to get me one of those catfishing blankets just like Binh's!

My favorite Wingnut pictures right here..................

Ha ha, good times Terry, good times... Thanks again for showing me the ropes.
    The best thing about Catfishing is that the pace allows you some quality time with those around you. You get to have conversation and enjoy the comany that you're with. You don't usually get that with the fast paced surf fishing action that we do...
    The boys had a great time and so did I and we plan on setting up another trip sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Pretty close quarters with 4 manly men sleeping on it...

To bad the jail birds didn't stick around and play. But you guys managed to do a pretty good job on filling the cooler

WWO
    Only a man who lacks confidence in his manhood would have to worry about that Bill, lol
    Catfish did save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Ahh...Yes!.....the ol' ....saying!.... "You should have been here two weeks ago...the Striper bite was off the hook!"
    I've never caught a fresh water line side.....it's still on my list. I went to DVL too early this year for it to happen, the lake was still up side down.

I'm happy to see all my boyz out there having lots of fun and rippin' on some kitty lips! WTG men!

As always Arthur.....thanx for another excellent report with pic's!

I'll see you at the up coming HG-4 my friend!

SP Dan <"))><
    Dan, I would trade a hundred Stripers that I caught in the lakes for ONE Striper from the surf.
    You don't know what a rare accomplishment that you achieved with your Striper from the surf my friend...
    Looking forward to seeing you at HG4 my S.W.A.T. brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Arthur,

Well looks you guys had a great time despite the lack of striper activity. Plus with Mr. Whiskers making up for the stripers absence and a couple nice smallies on the top water it was a road trip and successful night/ day of fishing anyways. I see Team Trolly has taught you well. Iron chef putting the finishing touches on the nights catch.. Good times and memories made. Well done guys.

JerryG
    Overall, it was a successful trip in more ways than one brother Jerry.
    Team TrollToon rock and I was blessed to learn from the best!
    See you on October 20th my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Brother Arthur,
    Good to see you and the boys getting out for the overnighter.
    Looks like the kitties were out in full force there and y'all managed to clean up the lake a bit..
    That shot of Lynns sour fish soup just looks awesome. Is it spicy?
    One last thing, I think Burt Reynolds wants his pose back...
    Look forward to seeing everyone at HG4,
    Robert
    <><
    The fish soup can be made spicy if you desire... I can't handle too spicy, spicy foods burns a hole in the O-ring, lol
    As for my supermodel pose... I'm too sexy for my Catfish...
    Looking forward to hanging out with you at HG4 bro.

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe77 View Post
    Great report and pics. I was lucky enough to get out there a few weeks ago and the bite was crazy. Still looks like a great trip.
    It's all about the timing... glad that you were able to get in on some of the good bite.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbertom View Post
    Great report on the Tone.
    Yes, the stripers were active on top a few weeks ago although I had little luck with them this time around.
    Just couldn't get out as much as I'd like.
    Catfish at the lake are always a good alternative to chase away the skunk during warmer weather.
    Few people realize how good whisker fishing is there.
    They also bite quite readily during the day.
    What was the hot bait for them on your trip?
    Last time I was there they were going off on chicken livers.
    Best bite seemed to be in about 25 ft. of water near the trees.
    The Catfishing was actually quite good there. We got consistently bit all night. I didn't even know where to fish for them. I just picked a cove and we just anchored down and threw out some lines. I guess we picked the right spot.
    We were using whole Shrimp and cut Sardines & Mackerel and all worked equally well...
    We were anchored in about 30-40 ft of water.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ITS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IT WILL BE THERE THIS FALL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Ah yes... the good ol' days...
    We had some epic trips there didn't we Bob?
    Yes, hopefully the bite will be strong this Fall. See ya at HG4.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Great report Arthur, Im sure this report sure makes Pontoon and Trolly very happy. I think we will see trolly making one of those 700-800 mile road trips here real soon
    I think Team TrollToon are already discussing a road trip Mark.
    Hope you can make it to the Hunting Giants event my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Well there ya go.....another awesome adventure with your homeboys. Good to see all of the smiles that's for sure. My theory is that there is an underground network that informed the stripers that they were going to be assaulted by the Mojo warriors! The stripers did the only thing they could do.....AWAL baby!

Good job on taking down the ground troops though....pesky whiskerfish needed to DIE!

Hope the fall weather drops in real soon on us real soon for HG IV..... See ya boyz soon
    Plenty of smile for sure Lieutenant...
    HG4 is coming together nicely thanks to all your hard work my friend and I appreciate that very much.
    See ya soon brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    I had such a good time Art, thanks for showing us the lake. I've never been to this lake before. Really cool to see all the wildlife everywhere, Deer, Turkey, Raccoon, Fox, Coyote, Hawks, the place was full of life. The fishing was off the hook at night for Catfish. Too bad we didn't get any Stripers but who cares, we caught plenty of fish. I'm ready to do it again.

Sokha
    You did really good Sokha, got a few really nice Kitties under you belt.
    I really wanted you to experience a topwater bite at this lake... it makes the topwater action at Pyramid or Castaic look like child's play.
    Let's do it again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Sorry I couldn't make the trip this time. John got lucky and took my spot.
    You guys absolutely killed the Cats.
    Stripers or no Stripers, looks like a great trip for sure.
    I'm in next time!
    Next time Phuong, maybe we can kill both species!
    See you at HG4 my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    The kitty warriors reaped havoc on those fishies! Who got to cut those slimy brown things lol.
    Lol, we split them all up... everybody got a few to take home.
    My deal with the Iron Chef is that I cleam them and she cooks them... works for me!
    See you at HG4 my Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Great report!

You guys killed it on those catfish.

Those SA striper can be picky.

Congrats guys.
    Thanks, those Catfish saved the trip for us...
    Here's to the both of us getting revenge on the Linesides on our next trip up there.
    Thanks again for sll the info.

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Arthur

NICE TO SEE YOU AND YOUR AMGIO OUT FISHING AND USING YOUR NEW BOAT.
    THANKS FOR THE FISHING REPORT

Ramiro
    Ramiro, I'm looking forward to hanging out with my S.W.A.T. Amigos at HG4... see ya there my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kahuna72 View Post
    Aloha, great report, always nice to see people catching the fish regardless of the species. I live only about 35 minutes from San Anton and don't get there enuf. Those cats sure looked nice, I will be going after them soon. Was that squid you were using? I have always used chicken livers or anchovies for catfish. Anyways thats great that you got to spend quality time with ur friends. Life is short so enjoy yourself as much as you can. Mahalo once again for the fishing report!! kahuna.
    Man, if I lived that close to the lake, I would definitely hit it up more often
    We were using Shrimp, Sardines and Mackerel... all worked equally well.
    Take care and good luck out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Now that was a fun road trip.
    Thanks Art for the guided session. Eventhough we didn't get any stripers I don't even care. We caught plenty of fish and had a great time hanging out with all of the brothers.
    I think we would have caught more if we didn't run out of the candy bait.
    We should plan another trip very soon.
    By the way, my family really enjoyed the catfish.
    Thanks for joining me on this roadtrip brother Binh, that was a lot of fun.
    I think everybody enjoyed the bounty... let's do it again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Another great outing guys.
    Its too bad the striped targets decided not to bite, but you cant go wrong with catching some fish man.
    Whats up with Binh, falling asleep all the time? lol get to work bro!
    I'll catch ya guys at HG! :D
    Stripers or no Stripers, we had a blast Frank. Hope you've been able to hit the surf lately bro... see ya at HG4.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 09-27-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123