Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headed there tomorrow....report to follow...Advice please

Default Headed there tomorrow....report to follow...Advice please

Hey guys, I usually report at Corona or Diamond Valley. I'm headed to Perris tomorrow on a boat. NEVER BEEN BEFORE. Any advice on good spots for LMB and Blue gill (if LMB fails) would be appreciated. No need for secret spots, just general ideas. I'll be sure to post a report after tomorrow.

Thanks

Hit them shallow in the morning with fly line Senko and Ikas....then deep from 9am till u leave. Drop shot and jigs deep.

Squid.... Squid fished backwards and weedless. Pitch and flip said squid at structure. That is all........

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Hey guys, I usually report at Corona or Diamond Valley. I'm headed to Perris tomorrow on a boat. NEVER BEEN BEFORE. Any advice on good spots for LMB and Blue gill (if LMB fails) would be appreciated. No need for secret spots, just general ideas. I'll be sure to post a report after tomorrow.

Thanks

I was out there this morning and let's just say I didn't find a consistent bite. I actually threw a ika today for no love. Only bait that worked for me was a worm on a shakey head, fished from shallow to deep. Good luck!

Squid...ha ha (:-)........you knucklehead!

Quote Originally Posted by Mestre909 View Post
    Squid.... Squid fished backwards and weedless. Pitch and flip said squid at structure. That is all........
    Squid.......ha ha....you knucklehead

The bite deep is Wide Open....at least in my boat!! ; )

Pete

Report....

Didn't catch anything. Fished drop shot in anywhere from 20-50 feet of water. Very windy, don't know if that's normal. Fished all around the island.

Don't get me wrong but Perris is an awesome lake, it's just that the bite is tuff right now. Unless ur on Petes boat. Don't be deterred by this bad outing. Stick to it and u will be rewarded.

The bite is actually very good right now but its VERY spot specific. The bass are stacked up on outside ledges/elevation changes...find them and its wide open...
    I havent fished shallower then 46ft in over a month..

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast