Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: float tube capacity

Default float tube capacity

I see that the rating of many starter tubes is just 250 lbs.
    Do most fishermen weigh under 200.
    I'm around 215-225.

Does not soud like a lot of extra carrying cap.
    But maybe with your feet in the water the boat is actually carring less than your full weight ??

I use a cumberland and it is rated at 350lbs. Super comfortable and you sit high and dry

My fish cat 4 has the same rating of 250 lbs, and I weight a bit more than 225. Been fishing this tube for 7 years and capacity has never been an issue.

Default Odc420

Go with a Creek Co ODC-420. The weight rating is 300 lbs so if your are 230 that gives you more that enough to carry what you need. I prefer this tube to Fish Cats because the Boston Valve where you inflate is in an easy spot to get to if you need to fillup on the water. The bladders are also much easier to remove if they need to patched or replaced. Also they can hold 50 more lbs than the Fish Cat.

The tube is on sale at Creek Co for approx. 150 NEW.
    Last edited by LBSea; 09-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.

ODC420 is the way to go.
    I'm 240 and have another 70-75 lbs of gear on the tube, and I sit high above the water.