Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run and Gun - South Lake and PVR 9/15-16

Default Run and Gun - South Lake and PVR 9/15-16

What's Up FNN,

Headed up the 395 for a quick assault on the local trout population.

Hit up South Lake on a rental skiff, and wow the water is way down. Caught and released a bunch of DFG stockers. At roughly mid day, managed this beauty. My personal Best Sierras fish. Weighed in at 4.36 at the end of the day.

Hit up PVR on Sunday morning, and while we caught no large fish, the stockers seemed quite healthy and put up a great fight for their size.

I'll spare you pictures of the stockers and just skip to the best part the South Lake Alpers, check out the Parchers Website in a few days for more details on what I used. Good luck and Tight Lines!

Now thats the way to end the day!!!

Do you know if they recently stocked alpers? may try to head up there next week...

Cheers

Nice! I was up there on Saturday as well. Fishing off the rocks as my float tube had a small leak, at one point caught a fish on every cast for a good 30-45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Nice! I was up there on Saturday as well. Fishing off the rocks as my float tube had a small leak, at one point caught a fish on every cast for a good 30-45 minutes.
    Always carry some stick on bicycle tube repair patches with ya Huck.

That's a nice Alpers from South Lake Poxy!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Always carry some stick on bicycle tube repair patches with ya Huck.

That's a nice Alpers from South Lake Poxy!!
    Fishing was great from shore, no need for it this trip.

Beautiful fish, glad you were able to do well on this quickie trip!

Fishing was great from shore, no need for it this trip.
    Yup saw your success! Hope you had a great trip, don't think I'm going to get up there this year, first time missed in over 20 years.

Nice going Wess . Sweet trout for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Now thats the way to end the day!!!

Do you know if they recently stocked alpers? may try to head up there next week...

Cheers

Yeah, they just had a large stocking of Alpers last Wednesday in preparation for a tourny that was held at Southlake on Friday. Most of the stocking went uncaught, so there should be plenty of Alpers for the taking.

Yeah, I found a pattern on the troll that was stupid wide open, but only the DFG fish wanted to eat that presentation. But I could have caught a fish every few minutes, but I was after a larger model ;)

I bought a tube of UV repair gel at Bob Mariots a couple of years ago, and that stuff works great for those on the water fixes for pin hole leaks. It only cures by being exposed to UV rays, but you can fix a pin hole leak and be back on the water in less than an hour. I've had to use it several times, and it has always worked well.

Glad you had great fishing on shore though!
    Last edited by Poxy Boggards; 09-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast