Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Slay 9/16

Default Silverwood Slay 9/16

hit the dam at about 0540, and tossed out two poles, one medium light spinning rod with a C-rig and a night crawler, and one 7ft ugly stick with a double circle hook surf rig baited with anchovies (targeting catfish). my anchovies couldn't last 5 minutes, the micro's were stealing my bait every time and big circle hooks dont really work on them. so i put some freeze dried chicken liver on the surf rig and threaded an anchovy tail onto my lighter pole. not five minutes into this soak my light pole with the anchovies get a bite, i set the hook and started playing the micro stripper when my catfish pole gets nearly pulled into the water. i land the 12 inch stripper and pick up the other pole. the circle hooks worked perfectly and he was still there. i negotiated my micro as payment to a near by angler for helping me net my catfish. nice 5 LB cat, hooked right in the corner of the mouth, i could have sat and had lunch and he wouldn't have come off haha. i caught a limit of micros by 0900, i CnR'd all but two, wanted to make some ceviche with my catfish lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120916_185746.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	37165  

Well looks like iam hittin the dam soon...thanks for the report!

Good sized catfish, thanks for the report! I love to catch them and deep fly them lousiana style. But never heard of catfish ceviche.

Wow. That's a nice looking kitty + strippers. Awlsome catch!!

stipper ceviche, sorry should have been more clear. either that or those micros are becoming fish tacos...

nice dude ive came across a good school on thurs all in 30 mins its a hit miss thing though

Love it when you get to play with the little strippers!