Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skinner slayage 9/16

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm so glad you are spreading this message, continue please.....
    This isn't news. Anybody who reads this site knows about the micro stripers at Silverwood as of late. Not to mention that there are more people that fish the wood than Skinner easily. And I think the average angler is way more likely to land one like the one in your profile pic at the wood than at Skinner any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hey seal, you need a bunch of people up there to thin out the herd of 1lbers I've been hearing about. Less competition for forage means bigger stripers.
    1 lbers let me at them.
    Man I got to get to Skinner fast....

Thanks for the heads up for whats been going on out there... been awhile since Ive taken a paddle at skinner, been braving the ocean lately. Will be out there early tomorrow searching - throwing those flukes, ITO's, and LC - my usual go tos. Will post when I get back

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    This isn't news. Anybody who reads this site knows about the micro stripers at Silverwood as of late. Not to mention that there are more people that fish the wood than Skinner easily. And I think the average angler is way more likely to land one like the one in your profile pic at the wood than at Skinner any day of the week.
    That was a little joke didn't mean anything serious, sorry about that.

That fish in my avatar was from years ago at Lake Mead not Silverwood.

Micro stripers are on the chew in some areas of the Wood and have been for a couple months but with cooler weather and shorter days water is cooling off and bigger fish are coming up and can be found with a little work, in fact I have not caught a micro in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hey seal, you need a bunch of people up there to thin out the herd of 1lbers I've been hearing about. Less competition for forage means bigger stripers.
    I love the 1lbs. gives me something to play with till the 10lbs. start to hit!

By the way the stripers I've been getting (similar size schoolies) have not had shad or silversides in their bellies, they've had nothing but small LMB's recently, poor Largemouth are getting picked on for some reason, areas I've been fishing the bait schools are MIA so far that should change soon I'd hope.
    Last edited by seal; 09-18-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Sorry P.A.W. don't want to jack your thread, nice job at Skinner love that topwater bite!

No worries seal. This thread needed some input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12