Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinner slayage 9/16

Default Skinner slayage 9/16

I guess the new moon helped. Hit the inlet right away 6:15 or so. 1st cast and fish on. They were so agressive I put down my jerkbait rod and started throwing a topwater Excalibur. They were smacking it all over the place. I'd hookup like every 5th hit or so. Ended up with 8 fish by 8:00. It was slowing down and I got a little restless but I bet I could have limited if I stayed there.

Guys, this looks to be a stellar fall/winter striper season. The average schoolie fish is around 3 lbs., for sure bigger than last year. Their bellies are full of threadfin shad so the forage has changed from the tiny krill-like bait I was seeing just a few weeks ago. No wonder they have alot of energy and are fighting hard. I had one break off my Lucky Craft on 12lb flouro, and a neighboring boat lost one the same way. Lots of fun!!

LMB was slow all over. Bluestoning might have something to do with it? Anyway I didn't even sight any around the tulies except for little 6" dinks. Got out of there around 11:00.

better check your knots after each fish they do have sharp teeth floro frays easy

Nice job out there I got to give it a try out there soon. Thanks for all the updates you give from out there will pm you for some info. if I can get out there soon.... Last time out at silverwood got one about 3in.s

Sounds like Skinner will be the place to be over Silverwood lol! Gotta love that topwater action, really keeps things perky! No trolling today Pat?

No troll today. I had a load of stripers so went LMB hunting after. BTW guys. I PM'd Askwhy for his striper cevice recipe....... just great! I have never been a sashimi kind of guy so the idea of uncooked striper made me queasy. BUT I decided to try it. Man a citrus bath for 15-30 minutes "cooked" them just right. Absolutly no fish taste. Just like chicken.

P.A.W. Glad you enjoyed your ceveche , it's so good I always take my friends some and someone always calls asking if they can buy a batch lol next time make sure u use those fresh tostada shells and slices of avocado on top along with a few dashes of tapatio man my mouth is watering just thinking about it , I think I'm going to have to hit up skinner tommorow lol

Ha we think alike. I did have avocado and I did buy totada shells. One thing I was mising was BEER!!!! Forgot to pick it up while buying the rest.

WTG out there Pat, keep slaying them jailbirds...ah man losing a LC lure...or any lure of that matter suks-keep up the pressure nail down that DD.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I guess the new moon helped. Hit the inlet right away 6:15 or so. 1st cast and fish on. They were so agressive I put down my jerkbait rod and started throwing a topwater Excalibur. They were smacking it all over the place. I'd hookup like every 5th hit or so. Ended up with 8 fish by 8:00. It was slowing down and I got a little restless but I bet I could have limited if I stayed there.

Guys, this looks to be a stellar fall/winter striper season. The average schoolie fish is around 3 lbs., for sure bigger than last year. Their bellies are full of threadfin shad so the forage has changed from the tiny krill-like bait I was seeing just a few weeks ago. No wonder they have alot of energy and are fighting hard. I had one break off my Lucky Craft on 12lb flouro, and a neighboring boat lost one the same way. Lots of fun!!

LMB was slow all over. Bluestoning might have something to do with it? Anyway I didn't even sight any around the tulies except for little 6" dinks. Got out of there around 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Sounds like Skinner will be the place to be over Silverwood lol! Gotta love that topwater action, really keeps things perky! No trolling today Pat?
    I'm so glad you are spreading this message, continue please.....

Hey seal, you need a bunch of people up there to thin out the herd of 1lbers I've been hearing about. Less competition for forage means bigger stripers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast