Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: MacArthur Park 9-14-2012 A hot, stinky mess.

Default MacArthur Park 9-14-2012 A hot, stinky mess.

Never see reports from here so thought I'd add one. Hit up MacArthur Park in Los Angeles at about ten this morning.
    I used my ultralight 2-lb set-up for bass and walked around the lake once; it was crazy hot already.
    I talked to one other guy fishing for catfish. He told me he's been catching some nice ones at night, and he showed me some phone pics. Looked like he caught a few 10+.
    The water was dirty. The paths were covered in pigeons and pigeon ****, and it smelled like piss everywhere.
    I caught 5 dink bass, and lost a few more. Didn't see any big followers or cruisers.
    I did see a group of very large carp. Might have to go back and try for those. I didn't see any bluegill.
    No blurred pics, but don't go poaching my spot please.
    Thanks.
    Peace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macarthur.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	37141  

Good effort in the Hood Scott
    DR

Im surprised u didnt target the carp there,they seem to be pretty easy pickings!

Thanks for the report. I love those ghetto fishing holes. Hmm... "Fishing MacArthur Park in the Dark" - that would be a great song.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Good effort in the Hood Scott
    DR
    Thanks DR! I'll keep the hood reports coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfishing24/7 View Post
    Im surprised u didnt target the carp there,they seem to be pretty easy pickings!
    All I had was my ultralight setup. No chance of reeling in a 15+ lb carp on that.

Some of the boyz and I hit Mac Park a few weeks ago. We did about the same.. Lots of dinks.. The place has been raped. We talked to one of the local crackheads and he said he has seen a lot of 2-4 pound bass leave in buckets.. What can you expect.. We did see a guy catch a 13 pound carp..My avitar is my 8lb I caught there last year... I am afraid she might be gone now too..
    Last edited by BUSTER124; 09-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.

would you guys care to share where you saw the big boy cars at? I love fishing for those on ultralights :)