Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "SWAT" Brotha Finally Gets Loose From The Dreadful Skunk!

Great post!

One day i will experience the sound of "zzzzzzzzzzz!"

Hola senor Dan!
    Congrats on your new PB Leo..
    I know when they get that size they are definately a good reel puller.
    I'm also liking the halibut action of lately, it's time to get back in the surf a little more and get some legals...
    Thanks for all the updates and the report.
    See Ya @ HG IIII
    Robert
    <><

WOWIE!!

What a battle!!! I felt like I was on the sand with you!!! Great job on that MONSTER leo. We all know the feeling well of a tail snag which leaves us powerless to the fish! Great job on landing it in such a short time! Your a great friend Dan, and your help in these past 2 weeks has been priceless to me. I hope to see you soon, preferably before the HG4.

Your friend and brother,
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dunev View Post
    WOWIE!!

What a battle!!! I felt like I was on the sand with you!!! Great job on that MONSTER leo. We all know the feeling well of a tail snag which leaves us powerless to the fish! Great job on landing it in such a short time! Your a great friend Dan, and your help in these past 2 weeks has been priceless to me. I hope to see you soon, preferably before the HG4.

Your friend and brother,
    Lucas
    Well now Dan,,,,you have been on the water a lot this week,,there's no way you are not gonna get "the one"you have put in the time,the research ,the effort,,only a matter of time ,,that Leo had you wondering huh?you never know if your gonna get spooled till he turns,what a rush,,,nice job you one of the. Best I have seen congrats!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great Job out there Dan. Nice write up as well buddy. Both of those fish are fine catches and you have beat my PB Leo brotha but don't hold your breath on the flattie catagory

The way you wrote this up is a little understated though......Three consecutive days of fishing and NO SKUNK......The fish are getting larger and closer to your target species.....Your on a roll.

HEY... I know that island with the palm tree in the background
    Nope!......Still holding my breath and hoping Sir! ha ha!
    That 55" leo definitely put my Van Staal reel to the test and it performed perfectly! What a beautiful 30 lb drag set up!
    Thanx for taking the time to read my post brotha! See ya at HG-4 if not sooner!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

Hey Dan, I recognize this spot with the palm tree and smiley face in the background.
    Thanks for the daily text updates.
    Lots of short Halibut in the surf is a good sign.
    24+ Jack Smelt... , they're fun on light gear.
    Looking forward to hanging out with you at HG4 my friend.
    I believe that was Gilligan smiling in the back ground! He just found Mary Ann! ha ha!
    I like to share my collected INTEL with all of my friends! I hope that it is received as informative and or helpful!
    Arthur...you are due for a large model very soon....aren't you Sir?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    YEAHHHHHHH.........nice job my friend!
    Great write up, really like readin your reports buddy.........keep the text reports coming too......
    Hi ya John,
    We are due for a little salt time.....aren't we?!? PM me. See ya at HG-4 if not sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by fishshep View Post
    Nice catchin
    Thanx Danial.
    I luv the guessing part of "what is it"?......after a good hook set!
    Thanx for taking the time to read my post! See ya at HG-4!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Dan,

I got your text updates and was thrilled to hear that you were having a great time out on the sand!

Congratulations on some fine catches and I'm looking forward to seeing you at HG-4.

Thanx Terry!
    See you at the up coming HG-4 Brotha!
    It's always good to hear from you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Lager View Post
    nice work out there Dan!!!
    wish i could see the pictures....for some reason, i can never see the pictures in your posts. don't seem to have that problem with any other posts?
    it's ok though...the fish appear much larger in my imagination, lol!
    congrats brotha,

Jim
    Thanx Jim,

I believe that it was my arm that was put to the test and not so much my rod and reel!
    I hope that you were able to see the pic's! It was a beautiful 55" Leo.
    See ya at HG-4 Brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nice job Dan, I know that spot. Lol
    Those dog footprints are a gimmie, only spot that people get away with that in the early am.
    Good you left the waders at home too.
    Congrats, DR
    Hi ya DR!
    Shhhhhhh! Yeah....the guy with the dog was in a bit of a hurry; now that you mentioned it, just for that same reason! ha ha!
    I'll bet by the paw tracks..... you may even know who's dog it is! ha ha ha!
    Will we be seeing ya at the up coming HG-4 event?
    Thanx Martin for taking the time to read my post! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Congrats on the big cat. That is stellar catch and on the lure no less. It looks like the halibut are starting to move in to the zone for the fall bite. This is right about the time Seabastion starts to show at the beaches. I still got a score to settle from the sand with those guys. Great to see SWAT Reports back in the line up. Keep up the good work Dan..

JerryG
    Hi ya Jerry!
    The 55" cat was a blast and it gave me a "reel" opportunity to put my Van Staal VS-100 reel to the BIG test! It performed perfectly....I was actually more concerned about my Uni-knot not holding up and of my hooks straightening out as I cranked down on the 30 pound drag! But no problems with the drag or reel! I believe that I finally found my perfect surf set up!
    I took a neighbor fishing this AM and he had set his (2) two rod / reels back from the water's edge; on some rocks, but a larger wave had pushed up the beach and submersed both of his set ups! All I could hear was a big "Oh...NO!"....as I looked over and saw both of his reels under the sandy salt water! Well needless to say....he spent the remainder of his day-off breaking down and thoroughly cleaning one of his (2) two reels but never really got the bearings 100% cleaned! With the Van Staal I'll never have to worry about that problem again! It is sand proof and salt water proof w/ seals.... and...it doesn't have a bail to worry about neither!

Thanx for taking the time to read my post brotha! See ya at HG-4! Keep your reports coming!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Great post!

One day i will experience the sound of "zzzzzzzzzzz!"

PS.....you will realize it when you hear your reel go..... "zzzzzzzzzzzz". Sorry....I couldn't stop my self! ha ha ha!
    Thanx for taking the time to read my post! Will we be seeing ya at HG-4?
    Keep those fine reports of yours a coming!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hola senor Dan!
    Congrats on your new PB Leo..
    I know when they get that size they are definately a good reel puller.
    I'm also liking the halibut action of lately, it's time to get back in the surf a little more and get some legals...
    Thanks for all the updates and the report.
    See Ya @ HG IIII
    Robert
    <><
    Hola my pistola Brotha!
    Roberto....it was a magnificent shark and what a great battle it put up!
    I hear.....it's possibly of leader board quality....oops! ha ha!
    Thanx for taking the time to read my post brotha!
    See ya at HG-4 if not sooner Robert!
    PS...I have a need to fish down south soon.....I'll be in touch Sir!

WOWIE!!

Your friend and brother,
    Lucas

Hey Lucas!
    We are due for a little salt time together.....aren't we?!?
    PS...I took the Sardine lure that I had found this weekend and threw this AM, I was hoping for what happened with you when you found your lure. But on the second cast of the morning........"SNAP!....POP!" She was a free flying lure; never to be seen again! I believe that I was supposed to find it at one AO and then I was supposed release it (re-deposit) it at another AO in order to get it to the rightful person that Poseidon had in mind to have it. I'm just a mule for Poseidon! ha ha ha! I hope that it finds it's way home eventually!
    I'll see ya at HG-4 if not sooner my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    Well now Dan,,,,you have been on the water a lot this week,,there's no way you are not gonna get "the one"you have put in the time,the research ,the effort,,only a matter of time ,,that Leo had you wondering huh?you never know if your gonna get spooled till he turns,what a rush,,,nice job you one of the. Best I have seen congrats!!!!!
    Hi ya Stan!

I like to think that I am on the quest of "hunting giants" year round! ha ha!
    I do luv the guessing part of "what is it"?......after a good hook set!
    That 55" leo definitely put my Van Staal reel to the test and it performed perfectly! What a beautiful 30 lb drag on the reel!
    Last edited by SP Dan; 09-17-2012 at 02:46 AM.

WOWIE!!

Your friend and brother,
    Lucas
    OMG! I leave town for a week and Lucas returns!!! Welcome back man!

Dan,

Been on a boat for quite a while but saw this post as soon as we pulled into the harbor. Nice score! Gotta love the drag burns those guys put on. Congrats man...that is one hell of an accomplishment to be proud of!!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    OMG! I leave town for a week and Lucas returns!!! Welcome back man!

Dan,

Been on a boat for quite a while but saw this post as soon as we pulled into the harbor. Nice score! Gotta love the drag burns those guys put on. Congrats man...that is one hell of an accomplishment to be proud of!!!

Don

Hi ya bachiboy,

Yeah Man!....I heard through our SWAT Brotha's that you were out to sea on an quite an excursion ... and that you were extremely successful too! Way to go Don!
    My foul hooked 55" Leo was definitely a blast to have set the hook on! It was an excellent contender indeed!

Thanx Brotha for taking the time to read and respond to my report!

I'm definitely looking forward to finally meeting the legendary bachiboy (newest S.W.A.T. Brotha) in person at the up coming HG-4!

SP Dan <"))><

Another beautiful Leopard Shark, nice going Dan.
    Looking forward to seeing you at HG4.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Another beautiful Leopard Shark, nice going Dan.
    Looking forward to seeing you at HG4.
    Thanks Phuong

I'll be looking forward to hooking it up with you Brotha at the HG-4 Event!

SP Dan <"))><

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12