Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9-11

What was that about locking the barn door?
    I'm done apologizing to fanatics who were determined to convert -or exterminate- anyone who didn't accept their particular flavor of religion.

Today, I'm ready to send them a clear, high message: game on.

The self-same group of fanatics has now attacked not one, but two, of our embassies in the middle east. Now, four Americans are dead-including Christopher Stevens, the U-S Ambassador to Libya. The same ambassador who fought tooth-and-nail to protect Libyans during the civil war that saw longtime dictator Moammar Ghadafi's regime end.

After the normal hand-wringing and some particularly rancorous political sniping, the administration has sent a contingent of Marines from the elite Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) to reinforce security at the now-violated United States embassy in Benghazi, Libya. Reports also say that a carrier group is sailing that way, too.

Where I grew up, that's called locking the barn after the horses are gone.

Fortunately (for Libya and Egypt), I'm not in charge. There would still be U-S troops headed that way. But their jobs would be assembling after-action reports and BDAs (bomb damage assessments) from the absolute havoc we would have already unleashed on them.

Today, I'm feeling more than politically and socially incorrect. It's not time for apologies or restraint- it's time to respond -and I'd prefer it be with overwhelming force rather than some namby-pamby diplomatic protests. I'd like to see Madame Clinton attack the jihadists with the same fury she used to unleash behind closed doors at the White House.

The rules of engagement at all United States embassies should have a simple premise going forward: The Castle Doctrine. Invade my home if you must, but I will not run.

As if I wasn't already torqued up enough already, the not-surprising news is out that the United Nations has adopted the first portion of their International Small Arms Control Standard. That fundamentally flawed attempt at end-running the rejection of their Treaty on Small Arms has me again suggesting that we put our collective feet down and demand that the facility located at760 United Nations Plaza, NYC, NY 10017 be forcibly vacated and put back onto the real estate market.

Richard Patterson, managing director of the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI) summed the rational objections to the UN standards pretty succinctly before the ISACS was approved.

It is, he said, "nothing more than a platform for adoption and pseudo-legitimization of the 'wish lists' of special interest groups."

"Advocates of gun control make two fundamental assumptions: First, that more guns will equal more violence and, second, that more gun control will equal less violence. Both these assumptions are confounded by history and by facts. They are simply not true. Countries with high rates of gun ownership have low rates of violence and countries in which civilian ownership of guns is banned have high rates of violence. Ignoring these facts can cause harm by removing the means by which people protect themselves, their families and their communities - and thereby protect their rights to self-determination."

Self-determination is the crux of the problem. Many so-called leaders (including many of our own) don't believe in self-determination. They believe it's best (especially for them) that they curb our pesky independent leanings.

I beg to differ. It's time we re-assert some independence.

I question why there are no dead Libians?

Marines must of been armed at the Embassy?

Why was fire not returned?

Why were Libians not shot the second the mob stepped foot inside the Embassy?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Why was fire not returned?

Why were Libians not shot the second the mob stepped foot inside the Embassy?
    It's because we had NO Marines at the Embassy. Brilliant, just brilliant!!!!!

Leading from BEHIND, again and again, again, again!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post

Leading from BEHIND, again and again, again, again!!!!!!
    You sure?

With 2 Marines among the dead, Id assume they were in the embassy?

I did a little research and found out the embassy in Egypt did not allow live ammunition to the Marines.

No info on the Libyan embassy, but one has to come to a conclusion the 2 Marines that died had no Ammo to defend the Embassy?

Hopefully the truth comes out about this

Just seen the Embassy in Yemen was stormed by a crowd of idiots!

So the question begs:

How's all that "ARAB SPRING" thing workin' out for ya?

About as well as the "HOPE AND CHANGE" thing I would guess.

You sure?

With 2 Marines among the dead, Id assume they were in the embassy?
    From the Associated Press:

"U.S. embassies, particularly in major countries and in unstable or less secure nations, usually have a resident contingent of Marine security guards. Early indications were that there was no Marine security unit at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi."

More here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-revealed.html

And it seems we had 48 hours warning and ignored it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-8135797.html
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 09-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.

This thing is getting uglier..

Looks like it was a revenge killing and the administration knew it was coming

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Today, I'm ready to send them a clear, high message: game on.

I was thinking about that. Went to the embassy in Chile in 1993 and their was armed Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Unbelievable!

I did a little research and found out the embassy in Egypt did not allow live ammunition to the Marines.
    Lame. Why no arms ?

The United States maintains the 721st Air Mobility Operations Group based at Cairo East Air Base, Egypt. It is a designated operational base and provides operations support for the entire region

http://www.usmilitary.com/1532/explo...e-middle-east/

DR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast