Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ants problem

Another good way of fire ant control is to pour ALOT of boiling water into the nest, if you pour enough in you can usually boil the queen and severely hit the colony.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    If you have Pharaoh ants, prepare for a long arduous battle! Those things are bad! We've been fighting them for about 14 years! Baits dont work on those, and when you spray them, the colony breaks apart into several colonies, care of their multiple queens!

If you have fire ants, the only sure-fire way to destroy their colony is to dig down into the nest, locate the mature queen, and smash it!
    are those the same as those argentine or brazillian or whatever they are ants. The ones that drink raid, use bait as appetizers and keep exterminators coming back to the house so often that they may as well move in. I know my grandparents have battled ants for about 17 years now, but this year its bad. Even my house has ants and we have never had them in the past. But i have been hearing about alot of people battling ants this summer. I've been using this stuff you can get at lowes called terro. Its the liquid stuff that attracts ants by the thousands and it has them swarming all over the bait. But a week or two later and you see a drastic decline in ants before you ultimately see them dissapear. Ive been putting it in my house. and then i go outside to find the nest and then put that terro stuff near the ants and they go crazy over it. Plus it has borax in it so its guaranteed to kill the little boogers. I also have this ortho home defense max, and this bayer home advantage stuff. Basically i have waged all out war on these ants until they leave, because i battled these ants at my grandparents for years. It doesnt sit well with me that I have to battle these little craps here at my home as well. smh

Smokehound, i have little black ants. going to give "Optigard Ant Gel Bait" a try.

Cherry bombs. M80's. Lots of fun. Pour gasoline down the hole and light it up.

after bought one of DuPont Ant Gel Tube Bait,and treated back yard. ant population been reduce.....most were going.
    now need to order anther tube for front yard.

+ =

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12