Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what type waders to use tubing ???

Default what type waders to use tubing ???

I think my title says the question...

Last edited by swimbaitjunkie; 09-11-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Depends during the summer breathable and winter of course neoprene!

I disagree with Neoprene in winter and Breathable in summer. For one that would require two pair of waders and judging by most on this web site that is too costly. I would recommend using breathable waders with thermals and or sweats underneath with wool socks. I have use mine in Alaska, Colorado & Sierras and it works fine like this. Also Neoprene are usually pretty tight like wet suits and there is not too much room to layer cloths like with breathable waders.

Trick I learned light years ago (1960's) when involved in mountain search and rescue in the winter, layer up with the first layer silk long underwear. Silk long underwear is expensive but it works extremely well as a first layer. It may be tough for a guy but pantyhose work just as well, remember Joe Namath used pantyhose under his uniform when he played in winter games for the Jet's. In fact most athletes playing in the winter or cold temps wear panty hose under their uniform. It is light weight, form fitting, no bulk and is warm. My baseball players always wore panty hose when playing baseball in cold weather.

I went with breathable. Get one size larger than you need. Mine are almost clown pants. You'll be active in them and you don't want them too tight. You will be fighting fish. I also got the stocking foot ones. Fits better in my fins.
    Summertime the extra size is nice for air circulation. Wintertime the extra room allows for layering. I love tubing in the wintertime.
    Last edited by See Chris Fish; 09-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Chest high, breathable, stockingfoot. Like See Chris Fish said, should fit like clown pants for tubing. If the inseam is too short, when you sit down in the tube, you'll be picking the waders out of your butt crack, and have too much pressure on the family jewels. I have been tubing in very cold water with breathables and was comfortable for hours. Knee high wool socks, fleece base layer (kind with the straps that go under your foot to keep the from riding up), and more as needed. For tubing, the stocking feet work great without boots directly into your fins. Take your waders with you when purchasing fins for correct fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea View Post
    I disagree with Neoprene in winter and Breathable in summer. For one that would require two pair of waders and judging by most on this web site that is too costly. I would recommend using breathable waders with thermals and or sweats underneath with wool socks. I have use mine in Alaska, Colorado & Sierras and it works fine like this. Also Neoprene are usually pretty tight like wet suits and there is not too much room to layer cloths like with breathable waders.
    I Guess Im lucky for having Both Breathable and Neoprene, But i work at bass pro so i guess that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Leejahd View Post
    I Guess Im lucky for having Both Breathable and Neoprene, But i work at bass pro so i guess that's why.
    yeah yeah ya don't need to rub it in that you work there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by leejahd View Post
    i guess im lucky for having both breathable and neoprene, but i work at bass pro so i guess that's why.
    rotflmao...........!!!!!
    Last edited by swimbaitjunkie; 09-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast