Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wassup with the carp?

Big bass follow Big Carp. Nuff' said.

Default DFG kills carp

On the Colorado River DFG Biologists use shock boats to remove carp from all the backwaters out here to protect the bass/catfish populations and and let me tell you those guys love seeing Bowfishermen. Myself and 6 friends and the local game warden bowfish once a week we pull at least 200-300 lbs of carp from the river and still they have huge numbers....we've seen alot more bass beds in the areas we shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverReaperS View Post
    On the Colorado River DFG Biologists use shock boats to remove carp from all the backwaters out here to protect the bass/catfish populations and and let me tell you those guys love seeing Bowfishermen. Myself and 6 friends and the local game warden bowfish once a week we pull at least 200-300 lbs of carp from the river and still they have huge numbers....we've seen alot more bass beds in the areas we shoot.
    Yep, Big Bear Lake spends a lot of money shocking carp. The BBMWD puts up a lot of money for the annual carp roundup. Several thousand pounds of carp are taken out in 1 weekend. It is slowly making a difference in the lake.
    Why would they do this if these guys are saying they are not a problem?

Lots of fun on light line when nothing else is willing to bite, I think I have caught them on almost everything I can think of. GREAT fertilizer for Mom's roses...

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Lots of fun on light line when nothing else is willing to bite, I think I have caught them on almost everything I can think of. GREAT fertilizer for Mom's roses...

TD

This Right here said it all , Very Fun fish to catch and I do the same thing catch them and bury them in with the roses & under the Fruit Trees . so they are not wasted and the worms love them too. keeps them around the areas I want so when I need some to catch me a mess of panfish I am ready to go anytime .. thank you carp for your donation back to mother earth and this whole cycle of life thing !

Last time i used a carp for fertilizer, it became an MMA match at 3 am in my backyard with all the stray cats participating.

I had front row seats.

So carp are truly entertaining, even out of the water.

then become a carp angler seal, do not force feed other your feeling about carp. im an cnr fisherman myself so what!what! what!

Quote Originally Posted by tmenzo939 View Post
    then become a carp angler seal, do not force feed other your feeling about carp. im an cnr fisherman myself so what!what! what!
    5 posts and he is already barking at the locals. He'll fit in fine around here. And please throw all of your carp back, tmenzo...More for me to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    5 posts and he is already barking at the locals. He'll fit in fine around here. And please throw all of your carp back, tmenzo...More for me to shoot.
    You use barbless arrows and throw them all back?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You use barbless arrows and throw them all back?
    Barbless arrows with explosive tips.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast