Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 8/8 shore report

Default 8/8 shore report

Havnt hit the shore for three weeks and its cooled down a lil so I decided put in some wrk and see if things picked up. Got in line right as the gate opened. Started the day thrown the sb only to be frustrated by the numerous quality sized followers but no takers. Switched to the jig but no love. Then grabbed my goto t-rig and had a limit by nine. I started out focusing on points but I saw a lot of action in the back of coves. Also a lot of packs of keeper sizers chasing huge clouds of fry 5 feet off the bank. Bite slowed a bit around 10 and switched to the ds catching a lot of dinks with a couple decent fish I sight caught. Everyone raves on the morning dawn and mar mutalator but for me there are a number of much more effective colors these days. Prolly has something to do with the change in water color and forage. Wind picked up some I tryed the sb again and again had some BIG followers but I guess they were to smart for my amateur retrieve. Ended up with 14 fish with 3 around the 4 lb range. Best day I've had out there in two months and I was the only guy out there! Hopefully next week the wind is more reliable so I can get that reaction bite. Hope this helps my fellow shoremen.

Great job out there murphy..... Way to switch it up until you found what was working! I can't for it to cool down even more for the fall bite and then swimbait season really gets started with the trout plants....
    As a shore guy myself I appreciate the report!

Thanks for sharing!

Im a shore guy too...
    What are some of the other colors , i usually use drop shot purple . I got skunked about 2 weeks ago (first time in a long time)..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MWD RICH View Post
    Im a shore guy too...
    What are some of the other colors , i usually use drop shot purple . I got skunked about 2 weeks ago (first time in a long time)..
    Thanks
    Natural colors r wrkn well for me. Greens and baby bass patterns. I could go on but just try those and play around with ur leader length.

Do you shore guys walk that trail or go down the ramp and walk along the shore?? I want to go shore fish but don't want to walk that trial.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAWSTICK View Post
    Do you shore guys walk that trail or go down the ramp and walk along the shore?? I want to go shore fish but don't want to walk that trial.
    U start on the dirt road and u will see narrow trails winding down from the road to the water. some trails r more rugged than others. I wear hiking boots to take on the steep rocky paths

Thanks for the updated report. Heading there Wednesday - tomorrow. 7-10am. Plan on throwing topwater and flukes early, then work my way deeper with the DS and T-rig. Small shad / fry imitators. Then baby bass / gill stuff. Blue and white berkely hat, say hi if anyone else is there, we can team up and work together to see what they are biting. Later

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    Thanks for the updated report. Heading there Wednesday - tomorrow. 7-10am. Plan on throwing topwater and flukes early, then work my way deeper with the DS and T-rig. Small shad / fry imitators. Then baby bass / gill stuff. Blue and white berkely hat, say hi if anyone else is there, we can team up and work together to see what they are biting. Later
    How did u do? I'm gonna shore fish tomorrow9/13.

Not much to report, got there at 7:30, for the tail end of the topwater action (which stopped about 8), had 4 short strikes and one landed on the fluke. Then got 2 on the DS at 9. Called it a day at 10. Tons of striper fry, 1-2", on the wind blown shoreline, with some 3" LMB fry mixed in. Didn't see too many bass cruising.