Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport ?????

Default Transport ?????

Looking for a tube. Have a 2001 pathfinder and really hoping that transporting is east.
    Do you take out the air each time you go home or do you leave it inflated ??

Contact the company that manufactured it and follow their instructions. I do not know but I hope the manufacturer can help you.
    tl
    jg / Bill

Not sure about your placement of this question in the Aquaduct section? I think you are asking if/when you buy a floattube should you leave it inflated when transporting? It's up to you really but never leave it fully inflated the heat generated by sitting in a vehicle will expand the bladder this is also true when going up in elevation so if I want to leave my tube inflated, say I'm in the middle of a multi day trip, I will always deflate a little if it's going to be in the car for any amount of time.

OK I can send you a link which I believe will be really helpful for you.

I have mine own car rental business and I have luxury car too for your journey and other activities like you are going to hunt.

I completely take all the air out after every use and it has back pack straps that wrap around the tube to keep it all together in a box shape. My tube lets all the air out in a matter of seconds so no hassle there. It also inflates pretty quickly with a double action pump.

wow i thought i put this in the tubing section....
    I just wondered if people take all the air out when they are transporting their tubes or if they leave them blown up and just throw the whole tube in back of your car/truck or do u take all the air out each trip to the lake ?

It goes either way it all depends on preference and space. I have a pick up truck but still choose to deflate it all the time. My buddy that I fish with only deflates his about half way. Both tubes are still going strong! It all comes down to space and personal preference.

Like stated before, never leave it fully inflated while traveling since it will expand or contract. If leaving inflated, remove enough air to where it feels mushy and you're fine.

If you have a pathfinder dont worry you have PLENTY of room to store your tube with the back seat down. I have a Mazda 3 hatchback and I let some but not all air out and it make it easier to get in and out and also store other gear like wadders, boots, fins, rods, etc..

Like mentioned above the inside of your vehical can get hot and if you start with too much air in your tube you will cause it to leak as the air expands. The same thing is true if your are heading up into the mountains. The higher the elevation the more your tube will expand and if it is too full you will cause a leak or worst yet pop your tube.

Elevation & Temp will expand the air.
    Could easily blow the bladder....

I have gone up to BBL with my tube Deflated ~ knowing I was going UP..
    The small amount of air left in it, had it almost splitting the seams!!!! YIKES...

I deflate to about 3/4 to keep it all in shape when stored..
    Always deflate about 1/2 after I fish to keep the material stress low....
    I Live up the hill in Heperia also, so pretty much have to do that......

My current Tube is the ODC, easy to inflate/deflate. Used to carry it in the back of my Camaro!!
    I bought this one used. It was several yrs old, I have had it and used the beans out of it for 6 years.
    Still works great....

I always keep mine partially inflated, even when I was transporting it in the back seat of my mustang. Now that I have a truck I pretty much leave it as is with everything ready to go, then just deflate it a bit in case it gets hot in my garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast