Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transport ?????

Partially deflating your tube when out of the water will definitely prolong the material life. Completely deflating it will cause stress at the folds.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBetta View Post
    Looking for a tube. Have a 2001 pathfinder and really hoping that transporting is east.
    Do you take out the air each time you go home or do you leave it inflated ??

Transporting float tubes is not a difficult task. You shouldn't have a problem transporting a tube in a pathfinder. If you decide to transport your tube inflated, only partially inflate it. heat and traveling to higher altitudes with expand the tube badder causing the badder to tear if it's already fully inflated.

i deflate my tube when storing because of lack of storage place in my garage. haven't had a problem constantly inflating/deflating my tube. Some tubers i know leave their tubes inflated which is ok too. just remember not to store it fully inflated if storing it in a uncontrollable climate area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12