Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: tubing questions ????

Default tubing questions ????

I saw a post for a night time hunt at castaic lake...
    It said that tubes were available for rental for it..
    I',m wondering if they are available for rental on castaic at other times. if anybody knows...
    Also looking at the 420 or 420 ultralight.
    Is there a big difference between these 2 as far as durability ?
    Last edited by EbonBetta; 09-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.

I believe the member on here that would know is HBAR.mabe he can chime in to this topic.

im not sure about anything on castaic lake rental but i know that odc 420 and odc 420 ultra light are 2 similar but different quality tubes. the original 420 is more durable cause it has the pvc bottom but the ultra light is the same material all around which makes the quality very low. if you launch from rocks or anything with the ultralight, it can easily tear a hole in the bottom but the original 420 has the pvc bottom which makes it more durable but is also lighter and has inflatable seats and back rest. the original 420 has foam seats and foam back rest. i'd perfer the original one over the ultralight at all times! i had the original and my bro had the ultralight and he regrets putting that extra money for the ultralight cause it wasn't as durable....