Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So Cal Steelhead?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Cop View Post
    I'll add some constructive info even though a bit of mocking was warranted. First, one should realize that the waters behind the dam up to what can be considered a high water point may be subject to flood control basin regulations thru SBCo. You can be stopped and or cited as a result. And before it gets argued, yes, cites are written all the time in the lower portions of the Santa Ana for the same, albeit usually for off-roaders. Personally, I don't see it occurring to anyone, but the possibility is there.

I'm not saying not to go behind the dam, I'm just saying there's a myriad of ways that your presence can be discouraged beyond PC violations. And for what it's worth, I'm not some noob. I've averaged around 80-100 days a year on the locals for the last few decades. I've seen the changes and have a strong desire to see these fisheries thrive.
    It's garbage like this that creates a negative fishing environment in this region. I'm eager to fish that area but am tired of dealing with "murky" laws and officials with differing opinions as to what is legal and what is not. Same situation as the thread I started about Private Property and No Tresspassing in the San Bern Mts.
    Offtopic rant, sorry.

Try enforcing marijuana laws in California. Talk about murky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Cop View Post
    I'll add some constructive info even though a bit of mocking was warranted. First, one should realize that the waters behind the dam up to what can be considered a high water point may be subject to flood control basin regulations thru SBCo. You can be stopped and or cited as a result. And before it gets argued, yes, cites are written all the time in the lower portions of the Santa Ana for the same, albeit usually for off-roaders. Personally, I don't see it occurring to anyone, but the possibility is there.

I'm not saying not to go behind the dam, I'm just saying there's a myriad of ways that your presence can be discouraged beyond PC violations. And for what it's worth, I'm not some noob. I've averaged around 80-100 days a year on the locals for the last few decades. I've seen the changes and have a strong desire to see these fisheries thrive.
    The river below the dam and into town falls under flood control's jurisdiction. And yeah, they mainly jam up dirt bikers down there. In fact the signs posted list a county ordinance about vehicle access, and not PC 602. Above the dam is national forest land, and you are good to enter the area for the purposes of fishing. Of course you'll have a fun hike, as Edison generally keeps the upper gate shut. The hike back up is hellish in the summer time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456