Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First String Annual Labor Day Charter 2 Day 9-2-12 to 9-4-12

Default First String Annual Labor Day Charter 2 Day 9-2-12 to 9-4-12

Ahhhh nothing like kicking back for a great day of fishing, especially when the reports show great amounts of exotics swimming just south . Well as usual you need to leave extra extra early. Left LA at about 2pm and arrived at H&M at 5pm but it sucked balls. Don't bother and waste your precious time arriving early, the boats come back late anyways and there is parking across the street so just bring a friend to haul *** and get a cart. Boat left the docks at about 9:30 and we headed straight to bait receivers. From a glance the bait looked swell but up close in the tank, boy was I disappointed. Red spotted and lousy bait swimming with the occasional healthy suckers. To the distance you can spot some boats using buckets to haul the sardines (smart since the bait sucked balls). Anyways we had a decent batch (3 days is better than 1) and left for the tuna pens. Upon arrival we started fishing, and it turned out the whole fleet got skunked ! Well we full throttled the hell out of there and began the day patty hoping. Jason Saint John (Definitively a Saint), Alex, and Brad worked long and hard to put us on the fish. For that I am extremely grateful and appreciate your service! Anyways we finally found the missing link, turns out all those boats before were catching fish on 3 tuna pen boats, well 1 technically because that's were all the fish were hanging under (in greater numbers). Well we found that boat and we pulled up to it and metered few fish, chumped a bit and got no biters?!?! Well we stuck with it and boy did it pay off. People were getting bit at a slow but constant action. Nice sized 20-45lb fish and of course the occasional 60+ that always break off at deep color :(. Anyways key to get bit is long *** soak 300+ yards and 20-25lb test. Good fight too with one fish taking over an hour 30 to bring to the boat. At the verge of night though, wide open big *** tuna 40+ pounds for all. Most broke off but the ones fishing the heavier 30lb test sometimes got the trophy to the boat. Anyways we ended the first day great, and headed back to San Diego for more bait. Now imma pause for a moment and give Brad the recognition he deserves. He is a prime example of a great captain. Knows his stuff and is willing to go the extra mile (in this case 100) to put us on the fish. If I was richer, dam I'll gladly pay for his fuel and expenses (too bad China took away our families riches) bummer uh? Enough of that and on to business, 2nd day started off heart breaking. We couldn't find that boat! Turns out as soon as we left the captain shut off the engine so it moved very little overnight. Kelp patty hopped until we spotted the crown jewel. Boy was it great after that, fish fish fish time after time. Finished the day with 5 blue-fin and 10 yellows. Broke off 8 times which sucked but eh fishing is fishing. Helped a couple brothers out as usual and made it just in time for school with blood shoot eyes. Teacher asked me if I was high lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Strin 2 Day.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	37077

Any questions ask me I'm on top of the data right now, just comment below!

Good job brotha! Thanks for the report. Good quality for sure but wow.. talk about a long soak... 300+ yds on 20-25lb test...

Yup 300+ yards puts me in the danger zone lol

Sounds like everything turned out good.
    Did you get your bait out on the slide?
    300 yards sounds like an awful long distance... : (
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><