Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: SUPs?

Default SUPs?

Not sure where to post so posting here as it is closer to a Yak.

Anyone here fish from a SUP (stand up paddleboard?) Are these stable enough that you are confident you won't fall off into the water with some wind and light chop for freshwater lakes?

Curious.

UL

I've never seen it done since ur usually paddleing and trying to keep moving,mabe u can try trolling?.....

Very doable. People were doing this well befor float tubes and fishing kayaks ever hit the scene. I have a buddy down in Del Mar that goes out often on a long board so I would think that a SUP would even be easier. There is a tournamnet that I have seen that is ONLY open to paddle and long boards.

Use cheap gear as it WILL get wet. My buddy uses an old bass combo for bass & halibut and trys to keep it dry on the way out. You can wrap the reel in plastic and strp to the dect when paddling.

Go for it and post some photos. Try gooling this and you will likly get a lot of ideas.

me and a buddy just finished making our own paddle board, made it om the large side with using it for fishing in mind!

Very cool. Never thought to make a board myself. What material are you using?

I've always wondered why the fin is only at the back. Why not another small fin, say, in the middle. When fighting fish, you want to have drag against the pull of the fish so with the board sideways, a fin more center will allows more resistance against the firsh.

UL

[QUOTE=DccFISHerMan;627224]me and a buddy just finished making our own paddle board, made it om the large side with using it for fishing in mind!