Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bako invades the TUNA sanctuary in Monterey... PLUGGED BOAT with GoPro video 9/3

Default Bako invades the TUNA sanctuary in Monterey... PLUGGED BOAT with GoPro video 9/3

Singles, doubles, trips, even quads!!

What a whirlwind Labor day for me.. Saturday morning at 4 am kicking the dove opener off with a quick limit, and again Sunday morning with the plan on hunting Seabass and Butts in the bay Sunday evening.

We left town around 12 arrived at 330. Setting up headquarters and surveying the situtation we surmised we best relax to take on Mondays rough conditions.

Word the day before was 58 degree water 26 miles out at numerous locations. We had some discussions with friends and some guys rolling in.. Not big numbers rolling in..

Jackass, snotty, rough, you pick the adjective and it was.. I came close to blowing chunks while tying hooks at 530 am 30 miles out with little light and tough swell..

I choked that **** down and fished through.. first fish hit the decks at 650 am..

Plugged the boat early, then off to the house... 2 hr ride in, 1hr trailering boat and 3.5 hr trip home. Got home at 11 pm up for work at 430.. Beat down like a mother ******..

LETS GO AGAIN CAPN!!!!!

Video is still being processed in Youtube so HD isn't availble at time of post

I threw this pic in for TroutONLY

Always room on the boat for the fruit punch!

Had these guys tagging along for 30 mins

This ones for TRailBlazEr

Here is an idea of the conditions, looking up 4 ft at a swell

Last edited by cutbait; 09-04-2012 at 09:06 PM.

nicely done bro looks like a grate trip

minute 3:00-3:01 first squeezes the guys @$$ then grabs him by the belt BAKO STYLE

KILL-KILL-KILL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SMOKED TUNA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Good times chasing the tuna up north......that video alone had me queasy, way to gut it out Cutbait and crew!

TD

It was the boats first effort with a GoPro..

Next time we will have a second battery and point it down in the boat a bit more. Too much horizon and missed a lot of action in the boat

Quote Originally Posted by NoHo ART View Post
    nicely done bro looks like a grate trip

minute 3:00-3:01 first squeezes the guys @$$ then grabs him by the belt BAKO STYLE
    Bako equivalent to stopping short

Nice! limits of doves and (is albacore with the long fins?).

That looked really busy! To much fun.

Long fin tuna and albacore are one in the same

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAKO BOY REPRESENTING!!

Just a cpl minutes for you to stick yours,,,,,,,,,,,,the other 2= WORK,D!!!!!!!!

Great job cutbait.

TRAIL BLAZER

Thanks TB,,, I pride myself as uber deckhand...I just need a 15 min nap at 11

But you know that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast