Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: looks like the moss is starting to clear up....a bit

Default looks like the moss is starting to clear up....a bit

haven't had much to report lately besides some micro stripers here & there. but yesterday i hooked a nice channel cat on light gear & had a pretty fun fight.
    after a few minutes, i was able to bring it to the concrete. my brother went down to lip it for me, but as i lifted it's head out of the water, the 8lb line popped & mr kitty slowly cruised into the depths.....DAMN!!
    so today, i couldn't get that fish off my mind. i had the kiddos all day & i didn't want to bring them out to the duct in the heat. so we headed out to the feline compound & checked out some big cats for a bit, then headed back to 195th to search for my lost DD kitty.
    ended up with his younger brother right off the bat, (it literally took longer to bait the hook than it did to hook this fish).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	37007
    stayed for about a half hour before the kids were bored & hungry, and that ended up being the only fish caught.
    no striper action, but at least the moss is clearing up a bit. hopefully it'll be completely gone soon.
    here's some kitties of a different color

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	37008

Name:	IMG_1267.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	37009

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	37010
    Last edited by Lucky Lager; 09-01-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: i can't spell

where exactly is 195th? i cant seem to find it. i want to get out of hesperia, but not too far, cant seem to find much out here...

Default It has cleared up a bit

I swing by the aqueduct on the way from work but once the water starts flowing the moss comes up but not as bad as the previous months . I got an 19" & 21" yesterday at the oldriver siphon!

Nice report Jim, glad to hear that the moss is clearing, hopefully the bigger model stripers will start playing.

That feline compound is pretty cool, I find it amazing how many big cats they have there. Its been a few years since I've been there, are there still a bunch of peacocks running around the place?

TubbyTuba, he's talking about 195th West, which is west of Lancaster almost to Quail Lake so its quite a distance from Hesperia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    Nice report Jim, glad to hear that the moss is clearing, hopefully the bigger model stripers will start playing.

That feline compound is pretty cool, I find it amazing how many big cats they have there. Its been a few years since I've been there, are there still a bunch of peacocks running around the place?

TubbyTuba, he's talking about 195th West, which is west of Lancaster almost to Quail Lake so its quite a distance from Hesperia.
    i was just a little older than my kids are when i was there last....it's much nicer now. and yes, they have about a dozen peacocks roaming around.

nice job jim glad u had fun i got out on monday night an managed 1 3lb out of ur fav spot lol released him to get bigger no other bites