Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First carp of the year! and lost a MONSTER!

Default First carp of the year! and lost a MONSTER!

Well after trying hard for one week all the effort I've put into carp fishing has finally paid off. Took my mom to fish today.Got to my spot around 3:30, cast out my feeder rig and my floater rig with my dough bait. Tried a different mix today it works just fine as the other mix. A lot of hits on my floater pole but all from the baitfish that tries to take my bait. And I saw my floater went straight down, bam fish on! Easy fight on this one, it was a LMB, what a surprise, it seems that my bait works for any species lol. I've caught bluegill,carp,cats,tilapia,shad and now LMB! But it might because the bass was eating the baitfish. But it was lip hooked. Carefully released after a pic.

The bite started to pick up around 7, I got on hard hit on my feeder rig, my pole got a huge bendo, no not a bendo, my medium action bass rod went STRAIGHT! I set the drag tight before I fish on purpose, even myself couldn't drag the line out but the fish dragged the line out like crazy! But when I got there the fish was gone, give it another couple seconds it might just take my pole in the water, that was a monster. Then I got a nice one my floater rod, that one was giving me some hard time, after a 5 min fight, I finally tired him out, wasn't huge but it's at least a 4lber. Let it go as well. There are some more bites but I just missed em. Could have landed a couple more. I m still wondering how big the monster is!

Man it feels great to get back to the carp fishing. I haven't fished for carp for 2 years now I think I'm ready for some more carp action!

BTW http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...D-CHECK-IT-OUT!
    I'm still trying to sell my dough bait mix if you guys are interested and want to test it out I can take you with me to just show you how amazing it works. I got a shipment coming soon, so just hit me up.I have been doing carp fishing since I was 4. I just want to show you guys how amazing traditional cane pole fishing is. But the dough bait and base mix in the US aren't perfect so I have to ship them from China, the only reason my bait is expensive is because of the shipping. But I guarantee you it works very well!

Cool to see a city park report, btw I think my wife and I were fishing right next to ya

Quote Originally Posted by Justme View Post
    Cool to see a city park report, btw I think my wife and I were fishing right next to ya
    Nice to see you guys there! How did you guys do yesterday?

How does the dough work? Do I put in on the end of the arrow, or on the bow? :)

Quote Originally Posted by StroBao13 View Post
    Nice to see you guys there! How did you guys do yesterday?
    Same here, hope we'll get a chance to fish together sometime. We ended up gettin one cat bout a pound right before the park closed.

Carp, a fish I have never targeted >.> Good job on the catches.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfnatic View Post
    Carp, a fish I have never targeted >.> Good job on the catches.
    You should, Kevin! They put up some very hard fights, a 5lber carp fights harder than a 5lber kitty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justme View Post
    Same here, hope we'll get a chance to fish together sometime. We ended up gettin one cat bout a pound right before the park closed.
    cool I'll be fishing there around the same time on friday, hope to see you there! Nice at least you beat the skunk!

Great report, Bao. What is a "feeder rig" exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Great report, Bao. What is a "feeder rig" exactly?
    thanks Jon
    check out the link http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...D-CHECK-IT-OUT
    The one I have is not exactly a feeder rig. The feeder rig is like this:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast