Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: EXTREME CATCH OFF THE HOOK SHOW /FLORIDA. legal# of poles 1 person /no pfd

Default EXTREME CATCH OFF THE HOOK SHOW /FLORIDA. legal# of poles 1 person /no pfd

if u guys caught ths weeks show.. solo fishing out of miami on homemade innertube raft.. guy has 6 poles going at once with no pfd device at minimum???? catching atlantic sailfish what are rules in florida and ?? can we try explaining that to ca game wardens if we did the same...??? dont think theyll buy it....... why u wud even risk losing major $$$ on gear getting tossd over if u tipped..

Im in southern Florida now....im not sure of the floatation device rules but as long as u purchase your sw license i believe u can fish as many poles as you want..one of the perks since you would have to purchase a seperate license to fish freshwater...annd dont get me started on all these damn toll roads...and here i thought cali was bad

Balleronbudget I think you must do a lot of freshwater and are not aware that in most cases while ocean fishing you are allowed to use basically how many rods you wish. 6 is perfectly legal except for a few exceptions.

i always used 2pole max (similar to CA 2nd rod validation freshwater)... in charter boats why do they enforce single pole only even if boat is not full????? game wardens /patrol even check pfd boaters/yakers which is good to hv on regardless of how good a damn swimmer u think are....... case in point multiple accidents/deaths we all know of / divers found dead all the time.
    CABRILLO BEACH 08/18/12, missing freediver located dead after missing 1week... yeah i was there! county coroners/helicopters/news vans on the beach

i also found :Q. How many fishing rods and hooks can I use when sport fishing in the ocean?

A. Any number of hooks and fishing lines may be used in all ocean waters and bays with the following exceptions:

You can only use one line with no more than three hooks while fishing in San Francisco and San Pablo bays between the Golden Gate Bridge and the west Carquinez Bridge.
    When you are fishing from a public pier you can use only two rods and lines, two hand lines, or two crab nets, crab traps or other appliances used to take crabs.
    When you are fishing for rockfish or lingcod or you have rockfish or lingcod aboard your boat, you can only use one line with no more than two hooks.
    If you are fishing north of Point Conception for salmon or have salmon on board your boat, you can only use one rod and line with no more than two single barbless hooks (check current salmon regulations for other hook restrictions).

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    i always used 2pole max (similar to CA 2nd rod validation freshwater)... in charter boats why do they enforce single pole only even if boat is not full????? game wardens /patrol even check pfd boaters/yakers which is good to hv on regardless of how good a damn swimmer u think are....... case in point multiple accidents/deaths we all know of / divers found dead all the time.
    CABRILLO BEACH 08/18/12, missing freediver located dead after missing 1week... yeah i was there! county coroners/helicopters/news vans on the beach

i also found :Q. How many fishing rods and hooks can I use when sport fishing in the ocean?

A. Any number of hooks and fishing lines may be used in all ocean waters and bays with the following exceptions:

You can only use one line with no more than three hooks while fishing in San Francisco and San Pablo bays between the Golden Gate Bridge and the west Carquinez Bridge.
    When you are fishing from a public pier you can use only two rods and lines, two hand lines, or two crab nets, crab traps or other appliances used to take crabs.
    When you are fishing for rockfish or lingcod or you have rockfish or lingcod aboard your boat, you can only use one line with no more than two hooks.
    If you are fishing north of Point Conception for salmon or have salmon on board your boat, you can only use one rod and line with no more than two single barbless hooks (check current salmon regulations for other hook restrictions).
    There is a PFD requirement, he could have been busted for that I am sure.

I always thought it was as many rods/lines as you could resonably manage. Some of those guys from Sata Ana River Lakes must fish the ocean all the time...LOL