Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex or Fish?

Hawgz and Cutbait summed it up nicely..(married to the same woman for 29 years)

MM

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well to a real fisherman there are only two things in his life "Fishing and Sex". If it is not in that order then he is not a real fisherman. I am waiting for the verdict to come in.
    FISHING AND SEX THATS THE WAY IT IS!!
    Last edited by EfrenM; 08-19-2012 at 09:14 AM.

I personally think shes bluffing. My wife always tries to threaten me with that s**t. Have him enjoy is life with fishing and his wife. Maybe even at the same time.

Before I met my wife I told her I fish a lot. I also told her that if she didn't like it to leave now or stay for the ride. We have been together for 13 years now. I am the man!

Just tell your buddy as long as he stay away from the strip clubs, drugs, and any other crazy addiction hes better off fishing
    Last edited by WARRIORMIKE; 08-19-2012 at 10:03 AM.

If there's no children involved, then it's an easy call. But if there are children, then it's very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    If there's no children involved, then it's an easy call. But if there are children, then it's very tough.
    Children matter the most,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with that being said c/bait is spot on,,,,,,,,,draw the line and go fishing ,,using tact on when to go and how he aproaches it,,,,,,,,,if she leaves for that then she wasn,t going to be worth a flip anyway.

BOTTOM LINE IS,,,,,,,,MAN UP,,gracefully,,,,,,for the<if there are any> kids sake.

That way if it goes saouth NO REGRETS for him!

T/B

I told my friend what u all have said and he wishes he could do what you recommended...but he has 2 kids and his wife right now needs someone with her for another 2 weeks since accident. He would love to go fish Tuesday with me, but he doesn't want to leave her behind since we'll be 2 hours away. I told him to ask her dad to be at the house Tuesday, but he knows taking a day off to fish will piss her off.

Any rebuttals? I will show my buddy tomorrow morning at work so he can then decide.

No matter what, I'm still heading up to catch me some trout and crappies! Power to the fisherman!

What type of injury are we talking about? If she's immobile and requires his assistance to do most things then part of manning up is to take care of his wife (that whole "sickness and health" thing.) But it sounds to me like she drove him crazy and needs to let him have a break. Sounds like maybe there's a second side to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    So my friend is going through a tough time with his wife. I do not really have an answer for him so I told him I'd turn to FNN pros! I'm sure many of you...so have I...gone through a spat or two with the spouse over the topic of "fishing".

My friend has gone through a few big ones. He is addicted like most of us to fishing. He tries to go once a month or two.

He was home for two weeks on vacation spending time with his family and was helping his wife since an accident. He went back to work stressed out cuz he had no time to himself (fishing). He worked one day and decided to take a day off next Tuesday to go fishing with me. He told his wife and she lost it. She told him, "I need you home and you want to go fish! That is bullshit!" He has days from comp time and he wanted to use one. She told him that he should take days to spend it with her since she can't work right now (for two more weeks) and not go to the mountains to catch damn fish!

He has had spats in the past cuz he has gone to fish and tries also when he camps. Wife has now gave him an ultimatum...stop fishing and get your mind off it or no more sex...or even divorce.

So he is stuck. He gets sex once a week or two weeks (much more than me...lucky devil). He asked me..."Do I give up fishing, sex, marriage?" If he gives up fishing, he will resent her. If he fishes, she will leave him or at least not have sex. By the way...she is pretty hot.

What would you guys do?

The 2 week of no fishing for injury healing time is valid, but its the "GIVE UP FISHING.... or no nookie or divorce?"

Any spouse with that mentality is divorce material.. PERIOD

Hawgspoint is valid, your pal should go through counseling since kids are involved, however just having "kids" cannot make a marriage work, sometimes its best to divorce.

I was divorced with two boys. I have them now and the whole time. Single dad for years.. Boys certainly suffered not having a mother in the house.. {vacination shots to be specific} but you can't tell them there not better off not having a fighting mother and father like they had?

Though counseling and every attempt should be made.

NOW BETWEEN COUNSELING and NOW???? tell him to go fishing and not to rush home. One of those 24 hr trips.. and when he gets home try to get some nookie.. When she balks at the attempt, get up like its no big deal and open up one of those playboys right infront of her and when she gets upset. He needs to tell her he has needs and his wife either doesn't fullfil them or she uses it as a tool to control him and he has reached a point that his needs will be met with her assistance or not.

Sure you think this is over the top, and is meant solely to piss her off. Your right, but a real man won't have his dreams and needs held hostage over stupid behavior....

Something tells me she learned this from her mother and her dad was a big push over, or its the Ray Romano culture from TV.. You know how every dad is a big idiot who does nothing right in the household and MOM fixes everything.. From Tool time Taylor, to Ray Romano, to George Lopez... Dads in Hollywood are bafoons if you watch TV shows.. Enough of the rant on TV...

Shhesh could just be that its she just has the "hottie" attitude.. You know what I'm talking about.. The hotties act like their doing you a favor and the Fatties appreciate it.. Even make ya cookies afterward..

Like the saying goes... Fatties and mopeds' are fun to ride...... just don't let your friends catch ya on one
    Last edited by cutbait; 08-19-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    The 2 week of no fishing for injury healing time is valid, but its the "GIVE UP FISHING.... or no nookie or divorce?"

Any spouse with that mentality is divorce material.. PERIOD

Hawgspoint is valid, your pal should go through counseling since kids are involved, however just having "kids" cannot make a marriage work, sometimes its best to divorce.

I was divorced with two boys. I have them now and the whole time. Single dad for years.. Boys certainly suffered not having a mother in the house.. {vacination shots to be specific} but you can't tell them there not better off not having a fighting mother and father like they had?

Though counseling and every attempt should be made.

NOW BETWEEN COUNSELING and NOW???? tell him to go fishing and not to rush home. One of those 24 hr trips.. and when he gets home try to get some nookie.. When she balks at the attempt, get up like its no big deal and open up one of those playboys right infront of her and when she gets upset. He needs to tell her he has needs and his wife either doesn't fullfil them or she uses it as a tool to control him and he has reached a point that his needs will be met with her assistance or not.

Sure you think this is over the top, and is meant solely to piss her off. Your right, but a real man won't have his dreams and needs held hostage over stupid behavior....

Something tells me she learned this from her mother and her dad was a big push over, or its the Ray Romano culture from TV.. You know how every dad is a big idiot who does nothing right in the household and MOM fixes everything.. From Tool time Taylor, to Ray Romano, to George Lopez... Dads in Hollywood are bafoons if you watch TV shows.. Enough of the rant on TV...

Shhesh could just be that its she just has the "hottie" attitude.. You know what I'm talking about.. The hotties act like their doing you a favor and the Fatties appreciate it.. Even make ya cookies afterward..

Like the saying goes... Fatties and mopeds' are fun to ride...... just don't let your friends catch ya on one

BLAMMMMMMMMM!!!!

CUTBAIT in a friend of mine,,,,yes ,,i know him.

T/B

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast