Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex or Fish?

Default Sex or Fish?

So my friend is going through a tough time with his wife. I do not really have an answer for him so I told him I'd turn to FNN pros! I'm sure many of you...so have I...gone through a spat or two with the spouse over the topic of "fishing".

My friend has gone through a few big ones. He is addicted like most of us to fishing. He tries to go once a month or two.

He was home for two weeks on vacation spending time with his family and was helping his wife since an accident. He went back to work stressed out cuz he had no time to himself (fishing). He worked one day and decided to take a day off next Tuesday to go fishing with me. He told his wife and she lost it. She told him, "I need you home and you want to go fish! That is bullshit!" He has days from comp time and he wanted to use one. She told him that he should take days to spend it with her since she can't work right now (for two more weeks) and not go to the mountains to catch damn fish!

He has had spats in the past cuz he has gone to fish and tries also when he camps. Wife has now gave him an ultimatum...stop fishing and get your mind off it or no more sex...or even divorce.

So he is stuck. He gets sex once a week or two weeks (much more than me...lucky devil). He asked me..."Do I give up fishing, sex, marriage?" If he gives up fishing, he will resent her. If he fishes, she will leave him or at least not have sex. By the way...she is pretty hot.

What would you guys do?

Oh damn. It's either catching the fish of a lifetime or weekly sex with a hot woman. You don't need sex to live, but fishing memories are more enjoyable than 20 minutes of bedroom acrobatics.

Its not the womans fault, its your friends fault.

Hes alllowing her to run his life. Ain't no woman worth marriage if she acts that way. His biggest mistake was ever letting her pull that BS from the gate.

If my wife held sex over my head as a motivation to control me? First thing Id do is go fishing and stop by the liqour store for some playboys cause I ain't giving her the satisfaction. If she continued to pull that crap, either her or I would be out the door permantly.

In closing, its your pals fault he let's her getaway with it. Tell him to man up.

Married people do not treat the other as poorly as this woman is with her blackmail BS

Sex in a marriage shouldn't be defined as once a week. Should be upon request of either spouse.

If you have a woman that turns her nose up or throws you a bone on a certain time frame or as payment for good behavior in serving her wishes then its your fault for allowing her to control your life and for ever marrying her in the first place..

I have a great wife, however I am divorced and wife 1 was a real Biotch and pulled that same BS your friends wife is.

Glad she did because after the divorce she taught me a lesson about real women and how not to settle with the just anyone. I found a great woman

And people ask me why I'm single.

Cutbait is rite gata agree with cutbait.

Never thought I would agree with cutbait, but he's absolutely right. I guess hell has frozen over.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    And people ask me why I'm single.
    x2 with emphasis!

She's an idiot. Taking a man away from his passion makes him unhappy and an ahole to be around, she's her own worse enemy. I feel sorry for him but Cutbait is right it's still his fault for caving in. Funny women will sometimes be totally cool and allow you to do your thing UNTIL they get that noose around your finger (ring) then your screwed (and not the sex type of screwed).

I did my 10 years of hell and limited fishing (bad choice probably like your friend) no way will that happen to me again!

I guess I'm a lucky man. My wife encourages me to fish. She knows what a stress reliever fishing is. But, after years of marriage, 5 kids, and 3 grandkids, sex, while still occurring, and still real good, isn't that big a deal. Indeed, my wife I'm told by many, is a "trophy wife".

Cutbait is absolutely correct, your friends wife has issues. They need a real marriage counselor...

Well to a real fisherman there are only two things in his life "Fishing and Sex". If it is not in that order then he is not a real fisherman. I am waiting for the verdict to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    So he is stuck. He gets sex once a week or two weeks (much more than me...lucky devil). He asked me..."Do I give up fishing, sex, marriage?" If he gives up fishing, he will resent her. If he fishes, she will leave him or at least not have sex. By the way...she is pretty hot.

What would you guys do?
    I say give up the marriage, so he still gets sex and goes fishing! lol
    Seriously though, I agree with all thats posted here, but has your buddy ever tried to get her to go fishing with her? Id say thats a last resort because your buddy, in part, seems to like going fishing for the solitude (away from wifey).

Meh, tell him there are more fish in the sea... pun intended.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast