Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Legg Lake is Full of Suprises

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    makes sense about the temperatures keeping the tilapia population down. i have never heard of bass in balboa lake, but i have seen a picture of a huge channel catfish from there.

last night i fished legg lake and i caught this catfish

http://postimg.org/image/4gr5msx1p/
    Nice. I've seen some monsters pulled out of there. Hope you get into them.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

I was there sunday night , and my brother got another cat about the same size as last time, and i got a sunfish-

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

i went out there Friday night , got only two bluegills , and today got a few bites, but didn't catch any, I did see some good sized bass cruising around though

I could tell all you guys that fish Legg Lake some real stories about how in the early 1970s we used to fish all night long, from sundown until 7 or 8 in the morning for big bass and giant catfish. We had our hiding spots figured out and knew the times when the security guard/police would cruise by. Early morning arriving fishermen would see us with huge fish on our stringer, and just thought that we had just recently caught them after daylight. Truth was, the bigger fish bit great after dark, not very good during the day.

Did the same thing at the puddingstone in the late 1960's when it was just a reservoir and not a park. Hunks of mackerel on a treble hook in the dark was the key back then.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 09-21-2015 at 07:54 PM.

My first 10lb+lmb was on the boat rental dock,after 10pm on a rattletrap,fishing there at nite was wide open back then. By there I mean puddingstone.

Cya Tuna Vic

Yeah Tuna, Back around 1985 to '90, we used to wade the east shoreline there at Puddingstone and our favorite lure there was a 1/2 ounce Rattletrap. We had lots of fun and caught some really nice bass. I'll bet you can still catch bass there with that bait at certain times of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Yeah Tuna, Back around 1985 to '90, we used to wade the east shoreline there at Puddingstone and our favorite lure there was a 1/2 ounce Rattletrap. We had lots of fun and caught some really nice bass. I'll bet you can still catch bass there with that bait at certain times of the year.
    Hey fishmounter,it was very cool back then,the guys who ran that little snack bar and boat rentals would leave the gate open for us and tell us to lock the gate when we left,very cool.
    One of the guys names was Fernando,used to drive a sweet red 56 or 55 Chevy truck,the other manager was a blonde guy but I can't remember his name,back then it was all about purple flake Yamamoto grubs and rattletraps,one of the park cops was named Kurt,he used to like fishing too,so he was always cool with us.
    Cya Tuna Vic

so is south florida

tilapia for sure i ve seen those at the fish market they are called white brook nile tilapia good catch brotha!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234