Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legg Lake is Full of Suprises

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

after seeing how overrun balboa is with tilapia, im sorry to hear they are now found at legg lake. do they provide as good forage for the bass as bluegill ? do they compete with the bluegills ?

last night i was at legg and I got one smaller sized bass, and 2 casts later I lost a big one that snapped the line.

Default So should we cat and keep?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    after seeing how overrun balboa is with tilapia, im sorry to hear they are now found at legg lake. do they provide as good forage for the bass as bluegill ? do they compete with the bluegills ?

last night i was at legg and I got one smaller sized bass, and 2 casts later I lost a big one that snapped the line.
    I have no problem eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinnerBaitKing View Post
    I have no problem eating them.
    Dude, catch, keep and fry as many tilapia as you can.

You're doing the lake a favor.

saturday night I was at legg again, lost one by the shore , and got 2 other nice bites and caught one redear , when the moon came out , it seemed they stopped biting (and the sunfish came back out) do bass normally bite better at night when there is no moon ?

The tilapia there aren't as populated as one may think. The amount of bass and bucket guys keep them in check.

I have been fishing for bass at Legg for a while now, absolutely nothing, any suggestions guys? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PandaXL View Post
    I have been fishing for bass at Legg for a while now, absolutely nothing, any suggestions guys? Thanks
    Fish at another lake. lol! Finesse is the best way to go if you want to catch anything let alone a larger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    The tilapia there aren't as populated as one may think. The amount of bass and bucket guys keep them in check.
    hmm so i guess there are no bass at balboa cause i see plenty of guys with buckets .... though i think the reclaimed water comes into the lake at a constant temperature so its warmer for the tilapia during the winter ...

Quote Originally Posted by PandaXL View Post
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    hmm so i guess there are no bass at balboa cause i see plenty of guys with buckets .... though i think the reclaimed water comes into the lake at a constant temperature so its warmer for the tilapia during the winter ...
    There's bass in Balboa?!?! No really there is? I've always thought that the lake only had carp, tilapia, and plecos. Legg's winter temps definitely go low enough to kill off smaller tilapia, but have less of an effect on larger ones. And, if you don't believe me on the fish population you're more than welcome to see for yourself. The fish aren't easy pickings like at Balboa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    There's bass in Balboa?!?! No really there is? I've always thought that the lake only had carp, tilapia, and plecos. Legg's winter temps definitely go low enough to kill off smaller tilapia, but have less of an effect on larger ones. And, if you don't believe me on the fish population you're more than welcome to see for yourself. The fish aren't easy pickings like at Balboa.
    makes sense about the temperatures keeping the tilapia population down. i have never heard of bass in balboa lake, but i have seen a picture of a huge channel catfish from there.

last night i fished legg lake and i caught this catfish

http://postimg.org/image/4gr5msx1p/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150729_223032.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	46716  
    Last edited by Sebastian323; 07-30-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast