Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 / 15 Local Barracuda, Bass, and Sculpin Trip

Default 08 / 15 Local Barracuda, Bass, and Sculpin Trip

Thanks for the report JaponRon,
    I have to agree with you in that plastics have out fished the bait as of lately.
    Fishing has a been a crap-shoot at best. Hopedully things will change for the better and we'll start seeing more productive reports/counts. On the upside, the weathers been really nice on the water.
    Thanks for the report and pictures,

Alex.

Excellent report as always Ron, Thank you!

Hay Ron, thanks for your report. Nice weather & calm seas are good.

Great report as always Ron. Was on the Enterprise myself and was glad. Looked like Victory was pretty crowded. Didn't have much luck on plastics for bass, but picked up a few cuda unfortunately since they chewed up my fishtraps. Thought about switching to green blams, but didn't. Wish I had. The bass bite was pretty poor until the last hour when I got my limit in about 30 minutes. Nothing better than steamed bass and Ponzu/ soy/sesame seed oil sauce!!

Hi Madbass,

Don't know what happened but somehow I completely missed following up in a timely fashion this last week !! Sorry 'bout that !! Things are certainly heating up !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

Hi Cabin Fever,

Hope you're rid of your board name ..... lots of chances to get the skunk off whatever type of fishing we can do here in California.

Thank you,

JapanRon

Hi Jig-Guy,

I got to admit .... it can be just too darn sunny and bright out on the water sometimes. I must be getting old !!

Await your next report,

JapanRon

Hi shioda,

Crowded .... yes be had a big rush at the last so I guess another landing's boat didn't go out !! Cuda bite all but gone now as far as I can see with nothing but pencils !!

Good for you on the fishys. I've been eating Bluefin Tuna sashimi for the last 3 days heh heh heh NO, I wouldn't trade with ya !!

JapanRon

I won't let my wife (nihonjin) about your bluefin tuna because I will be under a lot of pressure to bring one back. On the other had, fishing an open party boat with tuna sitting in a sack all day isn't going to make for great sashimi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast