Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass in Western Outdoor News, taken home and eaten

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    he caught it, it was legal, he can harvest it. Trust me, that was not the only one in the lake. The only down side to harvesting large fish like that is if a world record fish is the targeted objective, removing them eliminates their acheiving that size. It's a really nice catch and something to be proud of, but unless it's larger than 22-4, does it REALLY matter?
    Thank you!

That sure sux but oh well...i hope bps gives him the boot for this!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bassfishing24/7 View Post
    That sure sux but oh well...i hope bps gives him the boot for this!
    Lol, while I disagree with him keeping it, I certainly hope he does not fired for keeping a fish!

I hope he does get fired.. There are plenty of other fish to eat.

He obviously knows what he is doing ...

Taking a fish like that is a SIN ... HAHA.

I'm just jealous he caught it and I didn't.....screw him!

You guys got to be joking! BPS is a company founded by sportsman that fish and hunt, some for food some for fun. If BPS fired someone over taking home a legal fish there would be a backlash if it would become public that would hurt the buisness bigtime not to mention firing someone over a legal act outside of company time would be asking for a big lawsuit.

Also BPS is nationwide, only in California would the taking of a legal fish garner this kind of a reaction.

Freaking amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Thank you!
    thats what i was gonna say. but ill say it anyway. Thank You kwin.

You guys got to be joking! BPS is a company founded by sportsman that fish and hunt, some for food some for fun. If BPS fired someone over taking home a legal fish there would be a backlash if it would become public that would hurt the buisness bigtime not to mention firing someone over a legal act outside of company time would be asking for a big lawsuit.

Also BPS is nationwide, only in California would the taking of a legal fish garner this kind of a reaction.

Freaking amazing!
    And now I say to you seal. thank you

Freaking amazing!
    It gets this kind of reaction because most of the biggest LMB caught in this country have come from California and a lot of guys want a shot at it!(world record) I dont think the guy needs to be fired by any means but thats just me.... Nor will he be for obvious reasons! But I think most LMB anglers just want to see that fish released so it can get bigger for that exact reason, to get their shot at a world record!
    Last edited by HawgStalker; 08-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgStalker View Post
    It gets this kind of reaction because most of the biggest LMB in this country have come from California and a lot of guys want a shot at it! I dont think the guy needs to be fired by any means but thats just me.... Nor will he be for obvious reasons! But I think most LMB anglers just want to see that fish released so it can get bigger for that exact reason, to get their shot at it!
    I still think some of the reactions are extreme. How come no one gets mad when some one doesn't throw back a huge striper when its caught. Sure theres a lot of striper in these lakes but any striper fisherman will tell you that the amount of big stripers has definitely decreased. And big stripers definitely are in big supply. Not that i want people to start obsessing over striper like they do over lmb, I'm just making a point. But i have alwasy thought that the hype over lmb was caused by companies trying to make money by selling bass boats, selling bass tackle, and starting bass tourneys.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast