Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bass in Western Outdoor News, taken home and eaten

I can understand getting upset about someone keeping a big LMB from a tiny lake..

..But from Perris?? That's ridiculous. The damn lake is the size of a city.

There are plenty of huge bass to keep the gene pool nice and big.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I can understand getting upset about someone keeping a big LMB from a tiny lake..

..But from Perris?? That's ridiculous. The damn lake is the size of a city.

There are plenty of huge bass to keep the gene pool nice and big.
    Smokehound let me tell why I personally don't want to see any 15# or bigger LMB ever killed. One of them just might have the magic fairy dust to grow to world record size. I can't stand the thought that the world record LMB was caught in JAPAN!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Thirty years ago they said the same thing about cowcod and other deepwater rockcod. Now maybe just maybe your great great grandkids can go deepwater rockcoding just like I use to do!
    Cowcod are quite delicious, but they are endangered in some waters. Calico bass were (likely) saved when commercial fishing of them was banned. A contributing factor to the demise of cowcod, commercial fishing.

Smokehound let me tell why I personally don't want to see any 15# or bigger LMB ever killed. One of them just might have the magic fairy dust to grow to world record size. I can't stand the thought that the world record LMB was caught in JAPAN!!!!!
    ...wait wasn't that tied? i could have sworn that i read about his fish tying with another's.

the introduction of centrarchids to lake biwa is one of the worst disasters to ever have happened in japan. well... excluding you-know-what.. =\ to make matters worse, they imported panfish as forage, however the bluegills are now devastating the lake. the biwa trout will likely go extinct as a result of these two species.

there are lots of gigantic bass in our waters, it's just a matter of luck and time on the lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You guys got to be joking! BPS is a company founded by sportsman that fish and hunt, some for food some for fun. If BPS fired someone over taking home a legal fish there would be a backlash if it would become public that would hurt the buisness bigtime not to mention firing someone over a legal act outside of company time would be asking for a big lawsuit.

Also BPS is nationwide, only in California would the taking of a legal fish garner this kind of a reaction.

Freaking amazing!
    Exactly Dale, My friends in other states wonder why the hell I even fish for when I put em right back in the water. lol

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    ...wait wasn't that tied? i could have sworn that i read about his fish tying with another's.

the introduction of centrarchids to lake biwa is one of the worst disasters to ever have happened in japan. well... excluding you-know-what.. =\ to make matters worse, they imported panfish as forage, however the bluegills are now devastating the lake. the biwa trout will likely go extinct as a result of these two species.

there are lots of gigantic bass in our waters, it's just a matter of luck and time on the lakes...
    Smokehound the bass from Japan was 1 ounce larger then the American fish. But IFGA says it has to be 2 ounces larger to be a record, guess what I say to that "horse poo." Let me rephrase my answer, the largest bass ever caught was caught in Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Cowcod are quite delicious, but they are endangered in some waters. Calico bass were (likely) saved when commercial fishing of them was banned. A contributing factor to the demise of cowcod, commercial fishing.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but recent studies of both Calico bass and Sand Bass have their populations of just a fraction of what they were in the 1980's. Expect to see severe restrictions imposed by the DFG on both species of Bass in the next couple of years.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but recent studies of both Calico bass and Sand Bass have their populations of just a fraction of what they were in the 1980's. Expect to see severe restrictions imposed by the DFG on both species of Bass in the next couple of years.
    Given the attacks on fishing coming from every direction, including a growing number from within the DFG, I don't expect future generations to know much about sportfishing in California. I don't doubt at all that there will be tighter restrictions up to and including outright bans on sportfishing.

Exclamation Locked!

Thread closed as requested by Original Poster.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910