Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic Wild Rainbow Trout Fishing: Angeles National Forest + Video

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    I wanted to complement u on ur video and fishing spot! Looks like a gem of a place and great job keeping it urs!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

-brian
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Great post... there r a cpl hidden gems in so cal with gorgeous wild bows!!!! Nicely done!!! Way to keep it hush
    Thanks. Looking for a new spot and finding it out it really has fish is the best!

Very well done. It's time to put a fly rod in your hand. You have the right ethos and willingness to get into wild places.

Great stuff. Huge fish. I'm really surprised. I don't think a fly rod could have gotten into some of those places you were fishing under the trees. Thanks for all the work that went into the post and video.

Great job on the video! Must have been so damn awesome out there with wild trout! What a feeling! I hope I can get out soon and start exploring more of the local streams like yourself! Nice work!

Thanks. Great video as always. Can't wait for the cooler weather to get the wild trout season going again.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Great stuff. Huge fish. I'm really surprised. I don't think a fly rod could have gotten into some of those places you were fishing under the trees. Thanks for all the work that went into the post and video.
    I've tried bringing my Tenkara rod, just once. Even with it's lower profile approach, I had difficulty getting the line in the water. I have a feeling that a full-size fly rod would also be difficult.

Very relaxing listening to the creek in the video. Thanks for posting.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Very relaxing listening to the creek in the video. Thanks for posting.
    Finding just the right music that is also royalty free is very difficult, thrilled that YouTube actually accepted this one!

Great video!

Tenkara isn't going to work. This creek is perfect for a 3 wt 7.5 ft fly rod. Most spots you can do a quick flick to "cast" out 10-15 ft into the sweet spots. You can spend hours moving from one spot to another and not see anyone all day. Love that place. Fly fishing is actually the way to go in that creek. It's tributary creek (the steep one) has lots of little browns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast