Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catfish Co-op

Default Catfish Co-op

I just barely recovered from yesterdays amazing event enough to make this report! First off it was so great to see so many great people come together for this event. It was a really special feeling to see so many of us out there, old members and some fresh new faces all in the name of Team 57 doing what we do best representing, family, friends, fishing, & fun. I believe Dana would have been proud of us. The heat and humidity were out in force but nothing could have ruined this event. Fishing was tough for our boat but we had such a good time it really didn't matter. We all skunked out on the evening but with the crew on our boat the laughs were rolling all night long. We did see a ton of shooting stars last night and that was pretty awesome to see. I don't ever remember seeing so many lit up boats on the water at the Vine at once. It looked like a light show all of it's own. The before barbacue and salsa contest were a blast. The food was epic as usual with Bigdaddy's fish taco bar which was epic with no leftovers because it was that good and Bobberboy's pulled pork sandwiches which I couldn't get enough of along with all of the other food contributions we ate like kings and queens. I would like to send out a special thank you to Tapersteve, Bigdaddy, Thisfool, and Hitts for putting this thing together and making it roll so smoothly. It takes alot of work to put on these events and these guys stepped up to the plate and made it an epic event. Also a special thank you to Irvine Lake and the spectacular staff which allow us to put on these events at their lake and are extremely accomodating. To all of our amazing sponsors which I won't name them all because I don't want to forget anyone, and there were many who stepped up and gave away some spectacular raffle items, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! And last but not least I would like to thank my boat mates for the night which made the night that much better, Rooster,Seechrisfish,Bluewagon, Bobberboy, & Cindy. Thank you all!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 08-13-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling

It was a fun night and it's really nice to finally meet you Dan! We'll have better luck next time!
    This event is awesome!

It was a very fun T57 event. Saw some meteors showering down while waiting for a rescue from Jerry. Drifted out there for about an hour waiting for help and finally a tow (Thanks Jerry) Dead engine ruined the fishing. Glad you all did well and I will kick your butts come this trout season. Glad to see T57 back in action.
    OFG

I have to agree the Team 57 event was a blast, I will be posting my own report soon. Sorry to hear about your skunk it happens, at least the camaraderie made up for it. I was hoping it was going to be a "seechriscatch" night, but guess not.

Kevin

Bao and Kevin it was great to finally meet you guys! Glad you both had a good time. Olfishergal, sorry to here about the boat problems but glad to hear that Jerry came to your rescue.

Great report Dan, You truely are what Team 57 is all about! I could not have been more proud to be wearing my Team 57 apparel around the lake. The event could not have been any better in my eyes.
    There may have been other boats that had better results. But i doubt there was another boat on the waters that had the fun we did. Plus we had to be the coolest looking boat out there with all those glow sticks... Funtimes!
    Last edited by Rooster; 08-13-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Great report Dan!

It was good to have the chance to see you again and I agree, it was good to see some of the old guard Team 57 members again and share some good memories and with as well as this event went we have more good memories to talk about at the next events.
    It was definitely cool to see the lake so lit up with lights on the water and the light show from above was equally spectacular.

I had fun.Man I know people say i'm still young but my body is killing me! Is it the sun?
    But well worth it. Thanks to everyone for showing up! I seen that boat with the glowsticks,great light
    show along with the shooting stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    I had fun.Man I know people say i'm still young but my body is killing me! Is it the sun?
    But well worth it. Thanks to everyone for showing up! I seen that boat with the glowsticks,great light
    show along with the shooting stars!
    Yeah bro it was the sun! It pretty much wiped me out for most of Sunday. Lol! But it was worth it!!!!

Another EPIC Team 57 event.
    Can't say enough "thank yous" to all that participated.
    Special mention to Big Daddy, Rooster and Bobber Boy for cooking.
    Thanks to Taper, ThisFool, and Hitts for getting it together.
    Tons of prizes at the raffle. THANKS SPONSORS!!!!!
    Nice to meet the new members. Nice to put a face with a name on the site.

I think the fish were afraid of our "Irvine Lake Floating Rave" pontoon. Lots of glowing green glow sticks.
    We didn't catch s**t!!!!!
    Oh well, fishing not catching!!!! (that was for you John!!! LOL)
    I'm going with Trolly jinxed me with the name tag "See Chris Fish, but can he catch". That's a lot of pressure there mister and I cracked!!!

The shooting stars were all night. Hitts, Taper, and I stayed up the entire night discussing the Team and the stars were shooting right up until daylight. Last thing I saw before daylight was a shooting star. EPIC!!
    Hitts thought I was not listening, but I was just looking up at the stars.

Oh, Taper, HBAR and I saw a UFO that night, also.
    I'm not saying I saw little green guys, but it was not normal.
    I'm not sure what I saw, but it wasn't a satelite or airplane.
    It displayed "non-ballistic motion", crazy bright lights, then just disappeared!!!

Strange days/nights indeed!!!
    Yes Taper and I were hammered, but HBAR was stone sober!!! So that rules out that!! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast