Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ever fish below the hesperia airport?

Default PM's

Hi Zack, got your PM's. Will contact you today 8/18/12. I did not notice I had the PM's , I need to pay more attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbytuba View Post
    hey guys, sorry i dint respond. my fishing trips are usually a last second event with work and stuff so i don't even know the day before if i'll be going or not, but if i do get a days notice i'll tell yall. i did get a few free hours yesterday for my third duct trip, salad was horrendous and i looked at the spot off of summit valley road bellow the air port and the access road sign said no parking trespassing or loitering. how do you access the lower portion of the duct, i know you said drive up top the gate but the sign...?
    Think you were on the wrong turn off. If it was a paved road that went uphill then the sign you saw did not pertain to when you get to the top of the hill (I'm with Jig-Guy don't remember a sign) you are allowed to park just outside the gated entrance to the Duct but you cannot drive along the Aquaduct or enter that gated area.

X2 with Seal

oh okay gotchya, was wondering about that, thanks a bunch for clearing that up. id fish it this weekend if it wasn't so mossy

Yea i was wondering about that spot, how is the fishing by the Hesperia Airport, my wife says she used to catch catfish there and ive been hitting other places but keep getting algie

Yes this area is probably your best bet downstream of Pearblossom. I could tell you why, but then I would have to kill you....J/K, but seriously. Very little pressure (I am out there everyday), and large fish are trapped by the trash screens before the duct ends up in silverwood. Just remember they feed on thule perch, so lure that way. Also there are a couple areas in that section where the perch can be suspended without working against the current. I would go late night or early morn. Fish D/S of Pearblossom can be very big and they spent their whole life on that side of the pumping plant. Give it some time and you will get some large striper. Catfish is easy too...go downstream of any remote road bridge (anyone with dirt road access)...they live in the washing machines, tvs, cars, ..... all the junk people throw over..there are millions of them. The crap gets pulled about 10-50 ft downstream of the bridge.

the algae should clear up soon. they put copper sulfate in upstream of this location a few months ago, but i doubt they will do it again before winter

Default itching to go fishing

Hi Guys-

New to the forum and I am glad I found this posting. I was out in Hesperia a couple weeks back and noticed the aquaduct. I have fished many aquaducts in the past as a kid in Nor Cal, but this is the first one I have ever ran across (by pure luck) in So Cal. I remember pulling in strippers and cats all the time back then off chicken livers, anchovies, and a couple lures. Lived in So Cal for about 10 years now, but I have not fished since moving down here and feel a little rusty. I am itching to jump back in it soon. Any luck out in areas off main st? I also need to work on my gear set up. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12