Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sandy creek siphon 3

Default Sandy creek siphon 3

Stopped by aqueduct after work and managed to get 3 stripers one keeper and a couple small ones the 1st one the picture was too graphic to show !

i couldnt seem to find this spot. where about is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger_12 View Post
    i couldnt seem to find this spot. where about is this.
    And here im not quite certain what an aqueduct siphon looks like....

This should help

hmm, looking thru Google maps I can find only one accessible siphon in the AV area that resembles that one.

Quote Originally Posted by HidenKage View Post
    hmm, looking thru Google maps I can find only one accessible siphon in the AV area that resembles that one.

looking at the map on Google it looks like there is no change in elevation like a typical siphon it's more of a pass through for farmers to access the rest of their property. There is one similar to that just east of 280th W. another just east of 3 points road. Both are easily accessible, but don't limit yourself to that type of siphon, the others like 110th W, Muntz Ranch Rd. and Sierra Hwy can be good too.

Siphons were added into the duct at natural creeks, or low spots so water coudnt build up against the duct and wash it out.. Even though it has before