Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ever fish below the hesperia airport?

Default ever fish below the hesperia airport?

i was looking into a different spot and i was thinking of fishing below the hesperia airport, off summit valley road. anyone catch cats there? and is that road even open to the public?

Default Duct below Hesperia airport!

Here ya go!
    You have access to the southern part of the duct below the airport. It is a paved road up to the gate where you park and walk in to the duct, not very far.
    I have seen cat fish caught there but I never fished for them. I know of 4 DD stripers being caught in this section of the duct. I caught 1 that was 15 pounds last September on 15 pound test Berkley Trilene BigGame line & Ra-L-Trap 3/4 oz. If you go back through my posts you may see the lure and the picture of the fish.
    I would fish with another person for safety if I were you. This is an empty area most of the time and there is no one to help you if you fall into the duct.
    Any more question's just ask. I hope this helps.
    Jig-Guy / Bill Nelson

cool! i'll be hitting it sometime this week, probably drift bait(crawlers or livers havent decided yet) for cats, im not gonna physically try for stripers since there are so few of them in this part of the duct. chances of running into them is slim. and on the fishing buddy part, no one wants to go with me haha all of my buddies think its too hot and the aqueduct is just too hard to fish in.

What hours are you going to fish the duct? I could run up there and hang out but not in the heat of the day. I am a sissy like your other friends. Early AM could do, what are your thoughts as a time frame?
    Let me know!
    Jig-Guy

I'am new to FNN but i live about 10 minutes from the spot you guys are talking about and can meet up there at a drop of a hat. Just PM me

zack stroud, look at you PM's I left you a message.
    Jig-Guy / Bill

hey guys, sorry i dint respond. my fishing trips are usually a last second event with work and stuff so i don't even know the day before if i'll be going or not, but if i do get a days notice i'll tell yall. i did get a few free hours yesterday for my third duct trip, salad was horrendous and i looked at the spot off of summit valley road bellow the air port and the access road sign said no parking trespassing or loitering. how do you access the lower portion of the duct, i know you said drive up top the gate but the sign...?
    Last edited by Tubbytuba; 08-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Where is this sign? I do not remember any sign outside the gate. I will go down there this weekend and check it out.

right by the stop sign at the intersection with summit valley. wish the street there had a name haha

Hey jig-guy did you get my PM's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast