Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Kitty fishing in the duct

Default Kitty fishing in the duct

I have finally gone to the duct for the first time in a couple of years. OMG...can there be any more "grass" in there? I was wondering if there is anywhere in the duct that has much less "grass". I live on the east side and would be more than happy to try any location suggested. Thanks

The grass on the west side is as bad. I fished this past Sunday evening and was very frustrated.
    Every cast with rattetraps and swimbaits required a cleaning. There is as much floating loose as there is attached to the sides.

i don't remember it being nearly as bad last year....it's really ruining my late night summer pastime

Quote Originally Posted by dogomudda View Post
    I have finally gone to the duct for the first time in a couple of years. OMG...can there be any more "grass" in there? I was wondering if there is anywhere in the duct that has much less "grass". I live on the east side and would be more than happy to try any location suggested. Thanks
    the grass is usually crazy this time of year. Don't know why but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    the grass is usually crazy this time of year. Don't know why but it is.
    High water temps always cause a large algae bloom hence the veggies....typical this time o season : (

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    High water temps always cause a large algae bloom hence the veggies....typical this time o season : (
    thats what i always kinda figured. But now my suspicions are confirmed, thanks for the answer.

Thanks guys. As soon as I do a few minor things to my boat...you will find me at Castiac or Pyramid. I can hardly wait!