Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Basic Tips for Santa Fe Dam?

Default Any Basic Tips for Santa Fe Dam?

What kinds of fish are at Santa Fe Dam and and tips on how to fish the lake? Any preferred spots?

Thanks!

Its a tough place,It can be hit or miss,I was there earlier from 6-8pm not one bite,but I was on fire on Tuesday evening.I caught 3 bass and missed two more....
    Good luck!

They got bass catfish and carp all year round. If you are shore fishing for cats I recommend casting out as far as possible.night crawlers and macks work just fine. I can see bass action everywhere near the shore around lot1-2. Hopefully bass fisherman like tonylisa or bass fishin24/7 can give you some tips

Quote Originally Posted by StroBao13 View Post
    They got bass catfish and carp all year round. If you are shore fishing for cats I recommend casting out as far as possible.night crawlers and macks work just fine. I can see bass action everywhere near the shore around lot1-2. Hopefully bass fisherman like tonylisa or bass fishin24/7 can give you some tips
    Thnx bao,but were no experts at this lake,we just get lucky sometimes.I dont mind sharing any info if u need flyhigh.lmk.

Haha thanks strobao but we have more skunk days then good days but were always willing to show some tips come by sometime were always at the lifeguard boat ramp you to flyhigh come say hello sometime

Ve to it
    ry basic,Keep lure/bait in thethe water or very close

go early in the morning or late afternoon....hadnt been there in a while so i dont know wats biting

can you tell me where you have seen the carp? How big were they about?

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlefish View Post
    can you tell me where you have seen the carp? How big were they about?
    Well I've tubed the lake once I've seen the bubbles coming up near the islands at the boat dock. Also ppl usually fish near the channel for carp. As for the size, I've seen quite a few 2-3 lbers been caught there. There are some large individuals as well, I ve seen lots of 10 lbers jumping out in the middle of the lake.

I'll be there tomorrow morning with a buddy around 7am. I'll see if i can come by the lifeguard tower. Any way to identify you? Lol, don't want to be that creepster going up to random people saying " hey, I'm flyhigh"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast