Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tierra Subida 8/9

Default Tierra Subida 8/9

I fished the duct for the first time yesterday at Tierra Subida off Ave S, just around sunset and until it got dark. I did manage to get one bite (pretty big one too) but couldn't set the hook for some reason. I'm thinking about trying trying a little more east around Barrel Springs off Pearblossom hwy the next time I get out.

I got my bite off the bigger shad lure in the picture... I'm running 6 pound test (I know it's pretty light lol, I'll go heavier soon) and these are the only two lures I really have but do you guys think I'll catch something eventually?

I've been spooled with 10 pound test so IMHO 6 pound test is WAY to light.

For more duct tips try reading this.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...ueduct-catfish

12# or 15# with traps, jigs & swimies. 6# no way!

15# P-line and you're set!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew95 View Post
    I fished the duct for the first time yesterday at Tierra Subida off Ave S, just around sunset and until it got dark. I did manage to get one bite (pretty big one too) but couldn't set the hook for some reason. I'm thinking about trying trying a little more east around Barrel Springs off Pearblossom hwy the next time I get out.

I got my bite off the bigger shad lure in the picture... I'm running 6 pound test (I know it's pretty light lol, I'll go heavier soon) and these are the only two lures I really have but do you guys think I'll catch something eventually?

Yup, bottom lure is closer to their food source in there. People have good luck at that spot when the gates are closed.

PLUS just FYI if you only have just 2 lures in ur box.....U should stock up with a few more....ur gonna be left wanting after a few snags...

Just food for thought

Hope U get them illusive jailbirds : )

Gary