Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 08 / 08 Bass and Barracuda at SBJ and later NO Sculpin at Izor's Reef

Default 08 / 08 Bass and Barracuda at SBJ and later NO Sculpin at Izor's Reef

A fun trip Ron, glad you caught your share!

Hi Tunaslam,

Thank you much. Actually, when it comes to the Bass, I caught more than my share if one averaged the catch among the patrons !!

Await your next report/trip,

JapanRon

As always Ron I look forward to your detailed reports. When I see a New fisherman on the board I tell them to search your posts to get a quick accurate education on Fishing both on private boats and the party boats. To add a comment to your post about Squid. The frozen squid for fishing purchased in nearly all fishing providers is treated with Salt or some other preservative before frozen. I buy my frozen squid from an Asia market. Some times listed as California Calamari but often boxed as "local california coast squid. The cost is substantially less and the squid are not treated with any chemicals or preservatives. We sometimes fish with whole squid for white sea bass or strips when we are fishing local kelp. Tight Lines and God Bless.

Hi JL,

Thanks. Sorry for the chovie~less trip recently. Know you wanted the kids to be catchin' some of those nice Kelp Bass !! Too young to throw plastics but a handoff mighta worked on the first bunch while second bunch older kids often kinda like fishing lures ...... once they catch a fish on one. :)

JapanRon

Good stuff JapanRon. How is the Pelican and Commorant infestation like down in the LBC? My last moo moo trip at MDR was filled with Pelicans. I swear, those things would eat everything and tangle themselves with line.

Oh, and it looks like you need a new camera!

-IF2L

Hi Ifishtoolittle,

Birds are unbelievable !! Don't know who is more stupid the Birds or the guys fishing fly-lined baits !!

Thanks,

JapanRon