Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PYRAMID boat RENTALS,,,,,,,,,,,,YES!

Thank you as that is not my normal style. I catch and release, have very few BRAG FISH pics on my camera and don't have the cajones to go WOT in my Cat.

How does one become a BAKO BOY, is it like joining a frat? They doen't use a goat do they?
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 08-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Thank you as that is not my normal style. I catch and release, have very few BRAG FISH pics on my camera and don't have the cajones to go WOT in my Cat.

How does one become a BAKO BOY, is it like joining a frat? They doen't use a goat do they?

A goat,,,,,,,,,,not a bad idea,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT the club is full right now,,,,,,,,,,il get back to you and let you know how the goat thing goes,,,,,be just a minute

I took exception to the Lady Quagga comment about "any privileged A-hole with a $50K Ranger" I took it as a class warfare thing. I am not one of the 1% and sacrificed buying any Boy Toys until after retirement. My previous fishing has all been in a rental or a shore fisherman.
    Dear DF,

Am I mad at the guy driving down the freeway in $250K Ferrari? Of course not. Am I mad when he carelessly and needlessly cuts across my lane at 95 m.p.h., endangering me, my passengers, and other drivers in the process? You bet your *** I do.

Owning a nice boat and enjoying the privilege of taking it out on the water is one thing. Thinking that owning a nice boat entitles you to act carelessly and without regard to other boaters/anglers makes you an a-hole.

Someone I know made an interesting analogy which fits this discussion. If someone yells "b*tch" at a crowd of people, and only three people turn around, should those three people be upset at the person who yelled it? Or at themselves for identifying with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Boat rentals open at 7am and it's $75 for 4 hrs.

Steep.
    I asked the lady at the gate. $35 for 4 hours and $85 for whole day. no rental on Monday and Thursday. very limited rental. I only see 4-5 small one like Castaic.

i have my own boat, but it can be confused with a rental. i had a bigger fast boat, but chose to down size. I like to stay away from smaller boats, cause I think it is considerate. Hope you all do the same. Anybody know what size the motors are?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    for the dip##### with the bigger engines... Its your responsibility to safely overtake a slower vessel

overtaking
    (passing a slower-moving vessel): If you are being overtaken, you should maintain your course and speed. If the course ahead is not safe for passing, signal that there is danger ahead by sounding five or more short rapid blasts. If you wish to pass another vessel, signal one short blast to let them know you intend to pass on the starboard side, or signal two short blasts to pass on the port side.

Overtaking another boat

when you overtake another boat from behind (the stern), you are the give-way vessel. The boat being overtaken should hold course and speed. Pass with care on the right or left of the stand-on vessel.

http://www.boat-ed.com/ca/course/p3-...ringothers.htm

howz about you quit compensating for the size of your penis by bragging about the size of your outboards and fish?
    lmao but maybe true

Lady Quagga
    The word that stuck in my craw was PRIVILEGED and you’re still stuck on that privileged and class envy thing! You could have used Ferrari without the 250k thing, Na it’s all about class envy and privilege isn’t it. Tell me how in your words “Owning a nice boat and enjoying the privilege of taking it out on the water is one thing” is a privilege. You also left out this part of my post when you used the quote. “Living at or below my means my whole life and saving towards the good life at retirement was always my goal”. It did not fit your agenda did it; it’s always about your agenda isn’t it?
    I also like fast sport cars but I can’t afford a Ferrari, I have attached a pic of my other Boy Toy for you to ID when you are out driving. Be sure to wave if you see me and I will return with a hand gesture too. It must be a “Penis Envy” thing I guess, not class envy or privilege thing. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ah2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	36929
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Lady Quagga
    The word that stuck in my craw was PRIVILEGED and you’re still stuck on that privileged and class envy thing! You could have used Ferrari without the 250k thing, Na it’s all about class envy and privilege isn’t it. Tell me how in your words “Owning a nice boat and enjoying the privilege of taking it out on the water is one thing” is a privilege. You also left out this part of my post when you used the quote. “Living at or below my means my whole life and saving towards the good life at retirement was always my goal”. It did not fit your agenda did it; it’s always about your agenda isn’t it?
    I also like fast sport cars but I can’t afford a Ferrari, I have attached a pic of my other Boy Toy for you to ID when you are out driving. Be sure to wave if you see me and I will return with a hand gesture too. It must be a “Penis Envy” thing I guess, not class envy or privilege thing. Enjoy.
    Oh please, save your accusations; you chose to dissect my original statement and turn this into a class-warfare argument (which it is not), so don't go whining about how I failed to include some other portion of your post.

You would like to believe I begrudge you for having a nice boat, which you've indicated that you earned through hard work and sacrifice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Perhaps it is stuck in your craw, because you fail to comprehend the meaning of the word privilege beyond your narrow view. That's your problem, not mine. Although you may not want to accept this, the fact is that there are individuals out there who believe that because they enjoy the privilege of owning an expensive boat, it entitles them to act like complete d-bags out on the water.

You also keep referring to some alleged resentment towards other people's sexual appendages, which says more about you than I care to imagine.

So do we actually have boat rentals? or is this just a thread run wild?

Mark

Does anybody want to ask Tammy??????????????/

Lady Quagga
    You just can’t keep from using the word “PRIVILEGED” can you, that’s three times now in three posts! You can try to slice it or dice it but you can’t walk it back. You could have used bass boat and everyone would have known what you were talking about, but no, you had to use 50k Ranger. Then you could have used sports car and everyone would have also known what you were talking about, but no, you had to use 250k Ferrari. I expect no Mea culpa from you and I am not asking for one. I know what you are and so does everyone else.
    I perhaps should apologize as I thought Lady Quagga was in reference to the Quagga mussel. Perhaps I was mistaken and it is reference to the link below. In either case one is an invasive species and the other is an extinct species, either one will fit in my book.

http://animaladay.blogspot.com/2010/05/quagga.html

priv•i•leged from the Bing Dictonary
    priv•i•leged
    ADJECTIVE
    enjoying special advantages: enjoying privileges, especially the resources and advantages associated with the upper classes or the rich
    honored or fortunate: fortunate in having a special advantage or opportunity to do something
    "I feel privileged to be here today."
    restricted: available only to a select group of people
    PLURAL NOUN
    people enjoying special advantages: a class of people, especially the rich or the upper classes, that benefits from special rights or resources ( takes a plural verb )

This will be my last post on this topic. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 08-23-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast