Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temps are hot and so is the bite! Also a review of the Lindy "Watsit" jig.

Default Temps are hot and so is the bite! Also a review of the Lindy "Watsit" jig.

2 Weeks left in Southern Cal before my senior year of college begins in Hawaii, 100 degree weather is well worth the payoff.

Have been doing a mix of boat and float tube fishing the last two weeks at Perris. Saturday kinda trolled around the lake with the boat tossing jigs and drifting crickets for bluegill. Surprisingly found the most consistent bite at the end of the day at the back of powerboat cove. Gill fishing at Perris is real different compared to the 100-150 fish days when the water was higher.

During the weekdays when family is busy and its just me on the water I'm able to concentrate on the brush piles for crappie. Bites were best at first light when the sun comes over the hill and at dusk near the weeds. Bigger baits ensured high quality fish, all in the 14-17inch range. Large Monster can for comparison. Kept 3 a day for dinner which was well enough for me, mom, pops and the little bro.

Went down the street Bass Pro last night to pick up some jig heads, I let myself linger to long and found myself in the grub section. I noticed they picked up the Lindy "Watsit" grub and having heard good things from the northern states I wanted to try a bag. Grabbed the 15count Black and gold flakes for a couple bucks and went home. A very ugly jig, but I paired it with 1/32 jig head and the fall rate is magical. The tail keeps the jig upright always and slows down the fall. The crappie were mad for it, a 4.5lb largie liked it as well. Im excited about this jig as it looks like a variety of forage, hence the name watsit. Primarily used this jig today from a float tube.

Silverwood on Friday or Saturday, lets see if I can find some there.
    Last edited by QB7940; 10-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Man that lake have some big slabbies!! Great job and good report!!

Nice fish and report! Those crappie are tasty for sure..... Great job out there!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Good job out there!!

Pete

Those are some really nice fish. Great job!

Dayum!! Nice Crappie indeed!!! WTG man!

Great fishing! Hey did you get any large Bluegill or Redears on that Lindy jig?

Nice fish! I never could target crappie that good only got one from Perris last year, plenty of gills and redears though :) Hey am headed to Silverwood this sat thinking of bringing the tube and fishing before my friends b-day party at the lake. Maybe will run into you if you head out on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Great fishing! Hey did you get any large Bluegill or Redears on that Lindy jig?
    Thanks fishmounter, yes two bluegill took this jig, one when it was rigged on a 1/16th roadrunner, and one just rigged with a 1/32 on a slow retrieve. Bluegill fight harder than crappie by far!

Awesome post man! Those are some great sized crappie and that largie has some great coloring! Thanks for the cool pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast