Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gonna tell on myself

Default gonna tell on myself

So I picked up a new Tracker Combo a few weeks ago. First day out the trolling motor came unlatched, hit the water, and ripped right off the bow and down to the bottom of Castaic it went. I cant believe it but Tracker Marine warrantied it and sent a new one. That's a $650 trolling motor! Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole When I got out of the bouy line and hit the throttle I knew something was wrong. I never moved so fast! Grabbed the spare plug and stuffed it up in time, I was lucky cause water was at my feet. My girlfriend was with me, poor girl, lol! I guess I need to learn the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbsimmcon View Post
    So I picked up a new Tracker Combo a few weeks ago. First day out the trolling motor came unlatched, hit the water, and ripped right off the bow and down to the bottom of Castaic it went. I cant believe it but Tracker Marine warrantied it and sent a new one. That's a $650 trolling motor! Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole When I got out of the bouy line and hit the throttle I knew something was wrong. I never moved so fast! Grabbed the spare plug and stuffed it up in time, I was lucky cause water was at my feet. My girlfriend was with me, poor girl, lol! I guess I need to learn the hard way
    Comes in threes they say.

Well, look at this way. You will only make those mistakes once!LOL

Done the plug thing at Pyramid..I also lost an anchor at Castaic because the prop got in the anchor rope

MM

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbsimmcon View Post
    Then on Saturday I put the plug in the wrong hole
    Thats what she said

Congrats on the Tracker Combo! Those things are sweet. It was gonna get the V175 before I settled on my Rig this year.
    Any pictures?

SFE

I've had my boat for 3 years. If you can do it wrong, I've done it. Somethings I've done more than once. We've all been there and done that.
    Have fun with your new rig.

I have had my fair share of mishaps... Including forgetting to raise the motor when I got the boat back on my trailer. $800 mistake. I think the worst part was the marina being filled with people and having all eyes on me.

LOL!! Thanks for the replies guys! What did you end up getting Santa fe Eric? Ya that Tracker is my dream boat for sure. No pics at the moment, been too busy with those castaic stripers.

Wow,at least your ok to laugh about it,I bet you never forget the plug again,and everytime you lower that trolling motor you'll have that first time memory.
    Regardless,congrats on the new boat and many more cherished memory's!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast