Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Issue with fishfinder maybe someone can help.

Default Issue with fishfinder maybe someone can help.

So i installed a fish finder on my buddies boat and works perfect except one thing... when ever we turn on the boat while the fish finder is on the fish finder freezes or gets a distorted screen till we turn it off and back on any idea what can be causing this? And what would be the fix i do have somewhat of a electronics background but haven't fully learned everything yet.

thanks in advance.

Sounds like it could be caused by a spike in electricity surge at that moment when you crank your boat on. Usually all electronics are off before starting your boat. Next time, just keep all electronics off, start the boat, and then turn on the electronics, that should resolve the problem.

If you notice in your car, if you have the radio on and you start your car, the radio stops playing for a few seconds and then later turns back on. Same concept as the boat.

Is it hooked direct to the battery? If not should be plus keep finder wires away from ignition switch.

Low Voltage to FF on start...