Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Fish Yucaipa Regional Park?

Default Anyone Fish Yucaipa Regional Park?

I went there for the first time last week and saw two guys pull up a couple nice cats on bobber rigs. Anyone fish there with success have any tips? Lookin for some cats to fish

That place is only good during the winter.

3. Default

I've fished it once. There is a lot of water to explore, but it is amongst the ugliest set of ponds that I have fished.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I've fished it once. There is a lot of water to explore, but it is amongst the ugliest set of ponds that I have fished.
    Compared to what? Yucaipa has one of the best settings for local lakes you can get.

5. Default

Two muddy holes in the ground, with a lovely entrance fee and fishing fee. Heck, you even have to pay for the privilege of just walking in. I'd rather drive a little further into the hills and fish Jenks, Gregory, BBL, etc. Perris? DVL? Puddingstone? Silverwood? All cheaper and more scenic than Yucaipa.

Of course, if you enjoy sitting on the shoreline with other bait-n-wait buddies, soaking powerbait and watching Cormorants, and don't want to drive a little north, than Yucaipa it is. They do pour stockers into it in vast quantities at certain times of the year. Tight lines.

Two muddy holes in the ground, with a lovely entrance fee and fishing fee. Heck, you even have to pay for the privilege of just walking in. I'd rather drive a little further into the hills and fish Jenks, Gregory, BBL, etc. Perris? DVL? Puddingstone? Silverwood? All cheaper and more scenic than Yucaipa.

Of course, if you enjoy sitting on the shoreline with other bait-n-wait buddies, soaking powerbait and watching Cormorants, and don't want to drive a little north, than Yucaipa it is. They do pour stockers into it in vast quantities at certain times of the year. Tight lines.

3 lakes not 2. But compared to almost every other pay lake it is one of the more scenic ones around.

Can't tell you how much wildlife i've seen here.

But comprared to jenks there is not much more around.

I'd prefer to go here over Perris any day of the week, along with Puddingstone.

Somehow I think you got burned here before.

Wait for the trout season., thats my best experience there. Now you may only get a bluegill or the odd catfish.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    3 lakes not 2. But compared to almost every other pay lake it is one of the more scenic ones around.

Can't tell you how much wildlife i've seen here.

But comprared to jenks there is not much more around.

I'd prefer to go here over Perris any day of the week, along with Puddingstone.

Somehow I think you got burned here before.
    Burned?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EnjJr.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	36753
    I've finished Yucaipa once, earlier this year. I did make a post about the trip, but it was lost in the forum crash. So, here's the story of how I got "burned" at Yucaipa.
    Fished the lower lake with a mini crankbait, near dusk. Third cast, hooked this whopper of a stocker trout. 25+ inches. Long fight on 2lb mono. Overheard comment from the "regulars" on the shore was "WTF? I've fished here all day and this guy shows up, nails biggest fish outta the lake in 5 minutes." Still wouldn't go back. Ugly, overpriced place.

Burned?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EnjJr.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	36753
    I've finished Yucaipa once, earlier this year. I did make a post about the trip, but it was lost in the forum crash. So, here's the story of how I got "burned" at Yucaipa.
    Fished the lower lake with a mini crankbait, near dusk. Third cast, hooked this whopper of a stocker trout. 25+ inches. Long fight on 2lb mono. Overheard comment from the "regulars" on the shore was "WTF? I've fished here all day and this guy shows up, nails biggest fish outta the lake in 5 minutes." Still wouldn't go back. Ugly, overpriced place.
    LOL Ugly, over priced place!?!? To each their own. I'm glad you got a nice one from there, but the regulars get big ones all the time. Out of all the San Bernardino County Regional Parks this year, Yucaipa was the most consistent on big fish this year. Better then Glen Helen, Prado, Guasti, Mojave Narrows..

I think you like to fish a lot of the creeks and stuff around which is fine too, but there is no way you can say those creeks you are fishing in the West IE look better then this. So much garbage around them down there.

Amen Huck, Yucaipa was off the hook last trout season! Plus it's pretty darn scenic when the mountains behind it are covered in snow and a even better when you're drag is screaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast