Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris: Best Spoons and Best Plastics Colors?

Default Perris: Best Spoons and Best Plastics Colors?

I'm planning a bass trip to Perris and was wondering:

a. What types of spoons are good for targeting bass on deep structure? Tailspins, flutterspoons?

b. What are the best colors for soft plastics? I was thinking about throwing Aaron's Magic or MM3 for the roboworm or Watermelon Black Flake for senkos.

Much appreciated !

For Perris I always throw the purple smoke curly tail robo worm. If you feel like throwing a straight tail worm I like the 6 in morning dawn and oxblood red flake colors. Drop shot is my "go to" technique, especially for bass in deep structure. Make sure you use flurocarbon so that your bait gets down, I throw 6 lb Seagar Invisx. My rule of thumb, 10 ft and less, 1/8th oz weight, 10-18 ft 3/16 oz, 18-25 ft 1/4 oz, 25 ft + 3/8 oz. Also don't forget about your soft jerkbaits, those bass love 3 inch white Bass Assassins nose hooked and fly lined on a #2 Mosquito hook. Good luck and remember to trust your electronics.

Hologram Shad in the 4 inch curly-tail Robo Worm. Great color at LP. And if you can find it, the old-school "salt and pepper". These two worm colors are basically clear in the water to our eyes, but the bass seem to have no problem seeing them.

Default I love the Avatar Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Hologram Shad in the 4 inch curly-tail Robo Worm. Great color at LP. And if you can find it, the old-school "salt and pepper". These two worm colors are basically clear in the water to our eyes, but the bass seem to have no problem seeing them.

I love the Avatar Jeff

Thanks John! Yeah, it's one of my artist son's paintings. You can see a lot more at: www.jeffsoto.com