Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Gramps stand his ground

Default Gramps stand his ground

Back out of lockup

The 71-year-old Florida man who fired his gun at two men trying to rob a crowded Internet café will not face criminal charges, an assistant state attorney general told FoxNews.com

Bill Gladson, the attorney, said he reviewed the security video from the Palms Internet café in central Florida.

The video shows patron Samuel Williams pulling a handgun and shooting. He continues firing while the suspects fall over each other as they run out the door.

Gladson said in the memo Williams' use of force was lawful under Florida's statutes regarding individuals rights to use deadly force when resisting a forcible felony, like a robbery.

The Ocala Star-Banner reports one robber pointed a gun at customers while the other swung a baseball bat.

Williams said in a post-incident interview, that he and his wife were at the cafe to play "sweepstakes," Gladson's memo said. He heard the commotion and, when given an opportunity, fired his weapon to protect his wife and other patrons, the memo stated.

Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins, both 19, were later arrested and face attempted armed robbery with a firearm and criminal mischief charges. They were transported to Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

Dawkins had a superficial wound in his left arm, but Henderson was shot in two places: his left buttock and his right hip.

Both posted bail and were released.

Williams has a concealed weapons permit. Bill Gladson of the Marion County state attorney's office says the shooting appears justified.

Neither of the men have a criminal record, authorities said

------------------------------------------------------------

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

Reported by:
    Don Hudson
    SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun. Link: http://www.abc4.com/...sRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you tell the difference between Liberals and Conservatives? Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife and charges.
    You are carrying a Glock . 40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:
    - Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
    - Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    - Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    - Could we run away?
    - What does my wife think?
    - What about the kids?
    - Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? - What does the law say about this situation?
    - Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it?
    - Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    - Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
    - Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    - If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    - Should I call 9-1-1?
    - Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
    - This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:
    - BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... (Sounds of reloading.)
    - Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"
    - Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it, too."
    - BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.
    - Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

DR

Lol, good one DR. Here's another one that just happened the other day. Its pretty comical, these guys nearly piled up trying to get back out the door while being chased by one of our country's finest seniors;

http://youtu.be/Ey11D4wzxHE

Tried to embed the video, but it won't work...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 08-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Good one DR and welcome back.

Thanks OPF.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Austrailia has disarmed its people; Hear what has happened. THEY WARN AMERICANS

Armed Robberies UP 69%
    Assault w/gun UP 28%
    Gun Murders UP 19%
    Home Invasions UP 21%

Watch these piles of guns get destroyed.

Such ignorance and absurdity. In that situation, I would shoot first and deal with the consequences later, as would any "liberal" or progressive. It is a red herring of an argument. For those who are don't know what a red herring is, the following is a description of a red herring: A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Topic A is under discussion.
    Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
    Topic A is abandoned.
    This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

Yah OK Bro.

DR